One of the Largest Threats to Second Amendment

Which tangentially begs the question of how does one counter an arbitrary cancel culture.
Is it arbitrary if 70% of Americans (a guesstimate) support stricter gun laws? The risk is labeling something we disagree with to downplay the significance. If we agree with it we just ignore it because it didn’t matter to us. Change happens, always. The best you can do it try to make that change in the direction you care about. And in any negotiation you may have to give a little.

End runs begat end runs SAJ....crisis exploitation cloaked as legislated morality to effect ideological dominance is the play. That is not an anecdotal guesstimate.

End runs begat end runs SAJ....crisis exploitation cloaked as legislated morality to effect ideological dominance is the play. That is not an anecdotal guesstimate.
So everything is political and we have to pick a side on every issue? I guess I still hope most Americans are somewhere in the middle on a lot of stuff. Note that I admit it is ‘hope’.

Politicians run with what works and for the moment strident ideology works. Only the most far-left and most far-right 10% drive ideology. But they have found that making issues like taxes, education, public lands, immigration, and guns black and white with no room for thoughtfulness, mutual respect, humility and compromise they can force the other 80% into ideological choices - each thinking it will help "their team". It is time for the reasonable 80% to start having our own discussions about how we can find mutually acceptable (even if not preferred) solutions to this shared nation.

Reaching out to the middle, reaching out to those on the other side of the issue who are not yet fully entrenched are much better options than walking down Mainstreet with an AR - which only cements the unfair images associated with gun owners and makes it easy for many in the middle to drift to the other side in their all or nothing choice.

You are a pawn. The sooner you acknowledge that fact, the happier you will be. ;)
LOL. I realize that people are constantly trying to manipulate my understanding of the narrative for their own benefit. Consequently, I don't trust much at face value, including the numerous links to articles posted on this thread including the original. Independent thought seems to be slowly disappearing. Part of the reason is because almost all issues are far more complex than half the population can even comprehend. The simple stuff got done already.

I just posted this on a separate thread.

We have a serious PR problem, I firmly believe it's because as a community we always have an external locus of control.

That needs to change, we need to drive the narrative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back