Caribou Gear Tarp

Oldest hunting clothing you still wear?

Winchester brand sweater handed down to the kids. I wore it on almost every waterfowl hunt, and all 3 kids have shot deer in it in recent years. They call it the lucky sweater. I believe the sweater will turn 30 next year.

Attachments

• IMG_5769.jpg
    IMG_5769.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 467
I have a reversible down insulated vest that is tan on one side and blaze orange on the other. My dad gave it to me 20 years ago. He probably had it for 20 years before he gave it to me. Can't remember if he said that his father gave it to him. I always wear it during the whitetail rifle opener. Doesn't matter how cold or warm it is, it is always with me that first day.

First camo I ever got was a pair of pants in woodland. I caled em my army pants. It had rubber liner in the knees and a double seat which has saved my @$$ many times while crawling over fences. It has been retired to backup pants in the camper, but nothing ever feels as good as those did when I I was a teenager.

I would also add that I have some old woolies that I loved dearly and would still be wearing had not my wife, in fit of mid-winter kindness, gave them away to a homeless person who was cold. Her sense of charity was commendable but I was sorry to see the duds go.

Mine is a blue Patagonia R4 vest. Purchased around 2000 and I wear it from October to May. It hasn't missed a rifle or ski trip since I bought it.

Although I do have a pair of Filson wool pants that are about worn through. I got those in 2005 or so on a sale in Missoula. The crotch separated a bit and the inside of the ankle area is so thin you can see through it. But they have a lot of life left in them.

My old Blue Cathcart hoodie has seen quite a few blood baths. I would imagine it's probably at least 15 years old.

An old shortbill archery hat (for before bows were so short that if you didn't turn your hat backwards you would hit your bill). It's in some obscure camo pattern that I had never seen before or since. Got it at the Whitetail Classic in Illinois 20+ years ago.

Browning 4 in 1 Jacket length Duck coat with Down liner coat. (if it still fit I would wear it) It is about 22 to 23 years old. And the second piece is my Buck knife it is again about 23 years old.

I had a blue synthetic base layer that i bought in highchool (about 8 years ago) that i just retired last year. The sleeves were too short and it had holes in it but it was pretty damn warm, I just swapped it out for new first lite. The other "oldest" article of attire is my Kenetrek boots. They are about 7 years old and still going strong. Been repaired a couple times but still work great.

Still have and use the Cabelas Dry Plus Legacy grey wool bibs....very good cold weather bottoms. Think they're about 15 years old...lots of pockets, no tears, all the snaps & zippers in great shape.

Last edited:
Have a pair of my grandpas bibs that I wear when sitting in the blind when its cold. They have never let me down. Personally though i'm too young to have old clothes. :)

Oldest I have is a cold weather suit my dad bought in the late '80s from Sportsmans Guide. Oldest I wear is a set of Carhart bibs that I got when I was 16. Thought they were way too big, but I more than fill them out now... I use them for upland and pronghorn.

Dont remember the brand but I have a duck hunting coat I got when my first wife was pregnant with our first son. He is 18 now and the coat still comes out every fall.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back