Caribou Gear

Oldest hunting clothing you still wear?

I have a Filson wool red plaid jacket that my Grandma bought as a gift for my Grandpa in 1968. It was handed down to me 12 years ago, and I still wear it for November whitetails.

A few items. I have a camo pattern hunter orange sweatshirt that a buddy and I both bought in the 80's. I still pull it out and wear it (weather permitting) when I get the chance to hunt with him. I also have a couple pair of camo jeans I bought when I first got into bow hunting early 90's. Cotton of course. I still wear them on hunting day trips when the weather is nice.

apparently I am the only one who has gained 100 pounds since high school

No clothes, but I still carry the compass my dad gave me when I got to tag along on my first whitetail hunt when I was 8 or 9, that was almost 40 years ago, and it was old then.

120 in high school. Got up to 220. Dropped to 190, now about 200. I have a insulated vest that is 30 years old and I cannot give it up. It is tight!

Set of Cabelas polyprop. long johns that are now 22 and Cabelas Whitetail fleece pants and parka that are now 21. My dad just gave me his Filson chaps and original hunting vest that he bought in the late 80's as well.

I've had my carhartt jacket going on 12 years now and it accompanies me on every hunt for wearing around camp.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back