Old Heavy Desert Buck

Did you send a tooth in for aging on that deer? He looks to be 8+ from what I'm seeing. Cool buck.

Congratulations on a great buck and a great hunt. I shoot coyotes any chance I get as well.
It's neat to see multiple species of big game like that. I have a picture on an older iphone of mule deer, whitetail and pronghorn all feeding together in a small field.

A buddy and i snagged a couple of general deer tags this year. I was able to get away from home and start scouting 4 days before the season and got to look over a ton of awesome desert country. Had a number of days where I didn’t see any deer. Killed the best buck I found just before dark on day 3 of the season.

Thank you @Greenhorn for putting me in some great country. That’s where I eventually shot my buck.

Got to see some big antelope.

View attachment 157181

A few nice bulls.

View attachment 157182

Shot a few of these.

View attachment 157183

Found my first arrowhead.

View attachment 157184

Old desert survivor. Greenhorns even got some history with this particular deer from a number of years ago. Incredible.

View attachment 157185

He had worn, chipped and missing teeth. Don’t know how many years he had left in him.

View attachment 157186

View attachment 157187

Going into the Idaho backcountry tonight to be on point for tomorrow’s deer opener.
Awesome! Looks like it was a fun hunt!

You shot the wheels off his wheelchair. Outstanding deer and nice find on that point. Usually how it happens too, you just walk up on them. Same way with sheds.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back