PEAX Equipment

Ok you east coast SOB's give up them honey holes

I am coming into this late, but a muzzleloader can open up some extra opportunities, and often the public land will be much less pressured during that season.
I've been borrowing my FIL... but getting my own definitely seems like a good idea, the new knight's seem like they are way easier to clean as well.

I am coming into this late, but a muzzleloader can open up some extra opportunities, and often the public land will be much less pressured during that season.

Muzzleloader will add about two weeks (last two in December) to the season in MA. In eastern MA, archery starts in early Oct. And you can use that method for the remainder of the year. Shotgun is usually first two weeks of December and muzzleloader is last two.

Muzzleloader will add about two weeks (last two in December) to the season in MA. In eastern MA, archery starts in early Oct. And you can use that method for the remainder of the year. Shotgun is usually first two weeks of December and muzzleloader is last two.

(y) I'm thinking this year I will mainly be hunting east coast during the later months and CO in sept-oct. Looks like the timing will work out well.

Is that what most of you East Coast guys who come out west do?

I've been borrowing my FIL... but getting my own definitely seems like a good idea, the new knight's seem like they are way easier to clean as well.
In VA early muzzleloader is in the peak of the rut but I think we are the oddball. Hard to beat CVA. Either the wolf or go premium and get the accura. The mountain rifle version is awesome.

In VA early muzzleloader is in the peak of the rut but I think we are the oddball. Hard to beat CVA. Either the wolf or go premium and get the accura. The mountain rifle version is awesome.

Yeah, my only hang up with going with something other than a knight is making sure they are legal in CO. Not that lots of companies don't make CO legal... just that you have to be a bit more careful about reading the regs.

Very possible I'm being overly paranoid.

Yeah, my only hang up with going with something other than a knight is making sure they are legal in CO. Not that lots of companies don't make CO legal... just that you have to be a bit more careful about reading the regs.

Very possible I'm being overly paranoid.
I know CVA makes a different model that is Northwest legal. Not sure if that covers the Colorado regs.

Muzzleloaders are a no-brainer in the northeast. In NY, they buy me 2 extra weeks of deer hunting and a separate tag. In Mass, they buy you a very late season, when there's usually snow on the ground in the mountains. I'd go so far as to say that if someone wanted to get into deer hunting in NY and could only buy one gun, I'd recommend a muzzleloader. No question.

I briefly skimmed through this but I will say I live in WV and have hunted WV and Maryland a lot. Whitetail, sika deer, ducks, turkey. I'm a whitetail fanatic and have used ladder stands, hang ons, climbers, and a saddle. So i have used it all and have my own preferences. If you'd like any more info on any of this feel free to PM me. I've received a lot of help from guys out west on forums so I'm always willing to help.

Unless the regs have changed, as long as you're using loose powder, solid bullets & iron sights, w/o electric ignition, any muzzleloader is legal. You won't go wrong with knight though, I bought the ultralight for my 2018 CO muzzy hunt & love it.

Reactions: LCH
You just want an inline with iron sights as well as a scope mount. I shoot BH209 and full bore conical everywhere I hunt. All I have to do to be CO legal is the remove the scope.

If you are still coming here in May with all the shit going on, be safe. However, spring is an excellent time to scout the hardwoods of NH and ME when there’s no leaves and the woods are similar to fall. Rent a place around Rangeley or Errol NH drive some tote roads to get a feel of things and while you are at it, do some excellent fishing. That’s my mental health plan for the spring anyway.

Fishing is good too. But not sure where to find good whitetail lol

Attachments

• IMG_9577.jpg
    IMG_9577.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 11
  • imagejpeg_1.jpg
    imagejpeg_1.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20191109_091106.jpg
    20191109_091106.jpg
    936.4 KB · Views: 7
PEAX Trekking Poles