Ok. Just for fun. What's the worst broad head you have ever used

I use them (3 blade) on turkeys because they pretty much explode inside the bird and tear stuff up. I wouldn't think of using them on any sort of big game animal.
I love rage 2 blade hypodermic on deer and turkey. We have killed a lot of deer and turkeys with them. Last season I shot a turkey at 33 yards and a deer at 15 both died within a few feet of where they were hit. I've always found them to cut giant holes and fully open. I have also tried the rage 3 blade and didn't have as much success.

The worst i never got a chance to use were from Carbon Express. Can't remember the model name.
Looked good out of the package.
Hunted 1 season with them.
All the rubber bands snapped. Then the screws holding the blades came out.

Fixed blades for me from now on.
Oh, and i'll throw in the G5 as second place.

QAD Exodus. They have a lot of great reviews but I couldn't get them to hit consistently at any distance over 30 yards. I want to think I'm the problem but I havent had a similar issue with other broadheads.

Never used them on anything but a target, Punchcutters. Let’s see how many of you remember them.
There was also another head that came out around the same time, it was a hard plastic head.

QAD Exodus. They have a lot of great reviews but I couldn't get them to hit consistently at any distance over 30 yards. I want to think I'm the problem but I havent had a similar issue with other broadheads.
I'm suprised, regardless what setup I've been using these have always been the most accurate head for me. Just goes to show nothing is 100% I guess.

I have never used mechanicals, but i had some g5 montecs that were total garbage. The only broadhead i have ever had trouble sharpening. After hitting a few deer and almost no blood i went back to tried and true muzzies.

Helped a friend of mine track a deer that he shot with a Wasp Drone affixed to an Easton FMJ at 20 yards. 10 inches of penetration and the broad head was completely disassembled/broken into pieces inside the chest cavity.

Helped a friend of mine track a deer that he shot with a Wasp Drone affixed to an Easton FMJ at 20 yards. 10 inches of penetration and the broad head was completely disassembled/broken into pieces inside the chest cavity.
That makes for safe, fun field dressing.

Another old memory, and another forgotten brand, circa 1974, but it was a 2 blade, fixed, had a plastic furrule and body that held the metal cutting edges.
Soon as it hits anything hard the 2 cutting edges would just pop out da plastic.....useless

There were these broadheads that had cut on contact with expandables behind it. They had a set screw to tension the expandables but it always either too tight and they wouldn't expand or they be too loose and deploy in flight. I can't remember the brand.

There was (maybe still is) a broadhead called the buckblaster. It had a three blade broadhead with three expandable blades that folded forward. Had a cutting diameter (theoretical) of 2.75 inches or so. The only time I shot one at a deer, the rubber band broke and the arrow did a barrel roll across a clear cut and the last I saw it was about 150 yards away and about 25 feet off the ground.

I used these satellite broadheads back in the late seventies and early eighties. I did kill several deer and a few elk with them but they would loose one or two blades with each animal shot.View attachment 133974
I was just going to post those heads. They accounted for many deer for me, but always looking for one or two of those blades when dressing.

Not sure of the name, but they were a Cabelas brand. They looked awesome, and at the time, my side worked for Cabelas part time (the discount on Cabelas brands were so stupid, like 97% off, only 30% off non-Cabelas brands). These were cheaply made, terrible construction, definitely one time use. I’m not knocking Cabelas, but obviously there was not much time spent vetting these. I killed a couple deer with them, one snapped off at the insert, the other let go of all three blades either in the deer, or after pass through. Both deer ended up in my freezer, but I quit using them after two shots.

G5 tekkan II. About 3/4 of an inch long and sharp as a spoon.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back