Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Offensive, I’m offended

I am assuming that you do not visit Manitoba or Ft Smith in the spring;)

Manitoba has 50000 to 75000 snakes in one small town every spring and you have not seen an orgy until you watch the snakes in the spring at Ft Smith. I am told it rivals the Calif. hippie movement in the 60's ;)

I also hope April posts the story about her encounter with that Africa snake. It is my understanding that they somehow stand up when they move and move pretty darn fast, besides being deadly.

interesting, thanks.

How do you prepare it. I assume skin it and slice off the meat before it is cooked or do you skin it and cook the entire snake ? How do you cook frog legs ? Are they always fried ---rattlesnake and frog legs ? Do people still use the rattlesnake skin for things like hat bands ?
OMG

1619541168454.png

Some of these deep south boys and gals need go on and tell the one about the moccasin dropping outta the tree into the boat. High water in the spring chases em up into the greenery. Every southern fisherman I know has a story about about cottonmouths dropping out of trees during the crappie spawn.

*Hint: Doesn't do any good shooting holes in the boat, so keep that sculling paddle handy.

Some of these deep south boys and gals need go on and tell the one about the moccasin dropping outta the tree into the boat. High water in the spring chases em up into the greenery. Every southern fisherman I know has a story about about cottonmouths dropping out of trees during the crappie spawn.

*Hint: Doesn't do any good shooting holes in the boat, so keep that sculling paddle handy.
Reminds me of Bill Dance's bloopers episode! Haha!

My grandfather fought in the pacific during ww2. He had 2 purple hearts, recalled being blinded by shrapnel in a foxhole behind enemy lines, with malaria, covered in what he called fire ants, banzai charges etc. He also mentioned being the only only member of his light machinegun section to make it through the war.

In his old age the only recurring nightmares I ever heard him talk about were after he responded as a firefighter to a fire in the local colleges herpetology lab. Flaming snakes desperate for escape>the Japanese.

@Gellar what kinda snake is that?
Hard to tell but looks like a diamond back water snake.
Fun fact: pit vipers (all venomous snakes in N.A. Except coral snakes) cannot climb trees. The scales on their bellies are not made to climb. They can go up a branch or limb that is at an angle but not straight up trees and walls like some snakes can.

I learned if I line a rope around my sleeping bag, all snakes are skeered to cross. It's true... grit!

'Nother Dance blooper w/ a good Ole water moccasin... nasty!

If you want to skip all the belly bustin' laughter... think there's another snake whooper in one of his blooper reels though laughing too hard re-watching each... likely passed right by it!

4:35 is the start. Eeesh!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back