Yeti GOBOX Collection

NW MT Bull

Goldtip

Well since I haven't taken pictures of any of the floppy eared deer or elk I've put on the ground this year, I got permission to post a pic of my Dad's NW MT Bull. He killed it during the second week of season, no snow on the ground yet. Not much for story as he tells it. "Spotted the bull with about 20 cows and a couple raggy 6's(which may not have been so raggy judging by the size of this guy) at about 800 yards out. Made a play on'em behind that real steep ridge where you came off the mountain in the deep snow that one Thanksgiving, you remember that spot? Got to about 130 yards and he walked outta the timber and I dumped him. He was a little better than what I thought." Far as I know this is the only picture taken of the Bull that wasn't taken with an old film camera. Brother took it with his cell phone when he met Dad at the Taxidermy shop, so if it's kinda crummy, sorry bout that.

Despite having killed a lot of bulls, Dad has decided this one is worthy of his first shoulder mount. Taxidermist who has been working in the Flathead Valley for 38 years scored it at 373 2/8 as a 6x6, and 386 gross with the 7ths added in. All in all Dad is pretty happy with this bull, although I think he was even more excited getting his Grandson and Granddaughter cow elk later in the season. Like I said not the greatest pic, but for reference, Dad measures in at 6'2" and weighs in around 275. Enjoy.

Attachments

• imagejpeg952953.jpg
    imagejpeg952953.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:
Wow, congrats to Dad. Every year you guys kills some huge and freaky looking bulls up in that country. Great bull.

I think you know what to get your dad for Christmas, if he is still shooting film cameras. Get some good field photos with some mountains in the background so I know where to go for the bigguns. LOL

If you added up every 320+ bull shot in Montana every year I bet the total would smoke Utah or Arizona each year.

Great bull, I agree buy him a cheapo digital camera for the "Holidays".:D

I think you know what to get your dad for Christmas, if he is still shooting film cameras. Get some good field photos with some mountains in the background so I know where to go for the bigguns. LOL

Hell, he'd never pack it even if I did get him one. He's still wearing the nylon Jansport fanny pack that he's had since we both got'em when I was 12! I told him after Mom got a damn nice whitetail buck last year that I was gonna have to show him how to take field photo's. He reminded me he was the one in the field when it died and he aint so old he can't remember what they looked like!

Hell, he'd never pack it even if I did get him one. He's still wearing the nylon Jansport fanny pack that he's had since we both got'em when I was 12! I told him after Mom got a damn nice whitetail buck last year that I was gonna have to show him how to take field photo's. He reminded me he was the one in the field when it died and he aint so old he can't remember what they looked like!

OH jeez, how can you argue with that. :confused:

Jump on ebay, pick up cheap ol sony "w" cam like an 80 90 200 220, and shove it in a freezer bag and into that old fanny, and tell him that you want to share in the moment with some good pics.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back