Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

NRA On The Hot Seat - Exposed or Attacked?

Would expect nothing less from ya, Gr8.
That was 100% propaganda, but that's what you would expect linking their own site. I browsed through it all, and their examples of how they support hunting are quite thin. For an organization of their size they couldn't come up a even a single page that doesn't repeat its accomplishments.

Neffa,
We are certainly going to disagree if you consider your browsing to support your reflection of the contributions towards hunting... Though of course, as always, I respect your position/opinion.

A million + subscribers to NRA's, American Hunter magazine.
https://www.americanhunter.org

To give some context... Field and Stream has a total 1.25 million And this INCLUDES all those who subscribe for fishing related info whereas American Hunter magazine is dedicated towards hunting.

American Hunter magazine is just one aspect NRA supports within the world of hunting.

Neffa,
We are certainly going to disagree if you consider your browsing to support your reflection of the contributions towards hunting... Though of course, as always, I respect your position/opinion.

A million + subscribers to NRA's, American Hunter magazine.
https://www.americanhunter.org

To give some context... Field and Stream has a total 1.25 million And this INCLUDES all those who subscribe for fishing related info whereas American Hunter magazine is dedicated towards hunting.

American Hunter magazine is just one aspect NRA supports within the world of hunting.

Is a magazine centered around which caliber is the best, which bullet for bears, etc. i.e. selling products really supporting hunting. How is that magazine different than Guns and Ammo, I'm not hating on the magazine just saying the connection supporting hunting is tenuous.

I think donating money to building and maintaining shooting ranges does more to support hunters... but it seems like a tiny portion of their funds go to that endeavor.

Sytes, I think your logic is a bit flawed. I'm a member of the NRA for 2 reasons, neither of which are hunting. Of the NRA publications, I choose the hunting magazine. It is VERY poor, in the extreme, so I would not consider it favor to hunters, but rather the best of a very bad lot. I'm not at all convinced that the NRA does anything useful for hunting at all. I certainly can't name anything. (oh i guess they let very rich folks hunt the Whittington Center for very big bucks (and I don't mean antlers)).

Brent, my value for 2A / is not primarily for the *hunting aspect either. It IS a value to my membership though. 😏 Had you read prior posts, you would identify this... Understandably, I occasionally do not read everyone's posts in every thread I find interesting.

With that said, the following is shared for those reading who are interested in fact vs forum subjective commentary.

Beyond the valued content of bullet choices (as frequently discussed within this *hunting forum) and of course the typical, "propaganda" as shared in virtually any organization publication...
The following are screen prints of the articles within American Hunter's April magazine:

Sorry, I may have read your earlier post but not noticed that it was you that wrote it. I have read most them, albeit very quickly and superficially in most cases. Will there be a quiz? :) :) :)

But for what it is worth, none of that qualifies as suppporting hunting except for whatever they might throw at Hunter Ed besides words. It is not clear that the NRA did diddly squat for the two Iowa school classes. Sounds like the IDNR did though.

Supporting hunting comes in many forms, but what I see in the American Hunter mag is mostly the NRA SELLING hunting as a reason to be a member and, of course, a hell of a lot of shilling for manufacturers. Compared to the NMLRA magazine, Muzzle Blasts, for instance, the American Hunter isn't really even in the minor leagues.
Supporting hunting would be their doing something like DU, or PF, or BHA, etc. That is NOT what I see the NRA doing at all.

Brent

Here's the guy that took the nra from it's original mission and turned it into a political lobbying group. The beginning of the end. I forgot to mention the fact that he was also a convicted murder, in case you didn't know.

harloncarter1.jpg

Harlon Carter
Former NRA Executive Vice President, Board Member
Biography
Harlon Carter joined the National Rifle Association at age 16 in 1930. In 1951, he joined the NRA Board of Directors and quickly rose through the ranks of the organization, serving as vice president between 1963 and 1965 and president from 1965 to 1967. After leaving the NRA presidency, Carter was appointed to a lifetime position on the NRA Executive Council. Contemporaneously with his work in NRA leadership, Carter was an employee of U.S. Border Patrol and became the head of that organization in 1950. He also worked as the commissioner of the Southwest Region for the Immigration and Naturalization Service during the 1960s. In 1975, Carter became the leader of the newly created NRA Institute of Legislative Action and is widely considered to be the leader of a movement to turn the National Rifle Association into a right-wing political organization, as opposed to an organization largely focused on hunting as it had been in the past. During the NRA’s annual convention in Cincinnati in 1977, Carter led a coup against the “Old Guard,” hunting-focused NRA leadership and took control of the organization as its executive vice president. This seizure of power is commonly referred to as the “Cincinnati Revolution.” From that point forward, the NRA adopted a hard-line, uncompromising political stance, with a focus on rolling back existing gun laws and promoting an “individual rights” interpretation of the Second Amendment.

Last edited:
Still can't get over the board paying wayne his full salary AFTER he retires. That comes to 40,000 member's dues a year to pay that POS after he is retired. Unreal.

Sure, the clothes were a bit over the top but a $1000 shirt is sometimes what you need to feel confident. Hey, you have to look good. The thing is, there was an item that caught my eye in the Wall Street Journal report and that involved the intern. I would enjoy hearing from the NRA intern that Wayne arranged for free housing. Very thoughtful of Wayne.

One would think with the salary that Wayne gets, he could afford to buy his own clothes.

I honestly sort of feel bad for the people that probably cant afford to send the NRA money, but do so anyway, thinking their money is being spent wisely. Don't see intern apartments, 200K in a month flying, and 39k shopping sprees as responsible use of funds.

This just keeps looking worse and worse for the NRA...and more troubling, they apparently aren't going to do anything about it.

But but but ..... that's all we hear from the rank and file. At this point I dont consider myself that even though I have a life membership.

In most cases what comes out in instances like this tends to be the tip the of iceberg. Will it be revealed or will it be buried in the woods.

They lost me with their NRAtv crap. Klan hoods on Thomas the Train characters, airtime to Alex Jones, and other hot takes like the "clenched fist of truth". Not the kind of stuff I'd like to be associated with.

What I gave to the NRA now goes to a couple conservation groups. The drum beating and the constant gun grabbing bleating burned me out on them as an organization. All the while they roll over on bump stocks without national reciprocity or the safe hearing act.

Here's the guy that took the nra from it's original mission and turned it into a political lobbying group. The beginning of the end. I forgot to mention the fact that he was also a convicted murder, in case you didn't know.

harloncarter1.jpg

Harlon Carter
Former NRA Executive Vice President, Board Member
Biography
Harlon Carter joined the National Rifle Association at age 16 in 1930. In 1951, he joined the NRA Board of Directors and quickly rose through the ranks of the organization, serving as vice president between 1963 and 1965 and president from 1965 to 1967. After leaving the NRA presidency, Carter was appointed to a lifetime position on the NRA Executive Council. Contemporaneously with his work in NRA leadership, Carter was an employee of U.S. Border Patrol and became the head of that organization in 1950. He also worked as the commissioner of the Southwest Region for the Immigration and Naturalization Service during the 1960s. In 1975, Carter became the leader of the newly created NRA Institute of Legislative Action and is widely considered to be the leader of a movement to turn the National Rifle Association into a right-wing political organization, as opposed to an organization largely focused on hunting as it had been in the past. During the NRA’s annual convention in Cincinnati in 1977, Carter led a coup against the “Old Guard,” hunting-focused NRA leadership and took control of the organization as its executive vice president. This seizure of power is commonly referred to as the “Cincinnati Revolution.” From that point forward, the NRA adopted a hard-line, uncompromising political stance, with a focus on rolling back existing gun laws and promoting an “individual rights” interpretation of the Second Amendment.

Conviction was overturned, I am sure you knew that but chose to leave that part out because it didnt fit your agenda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back