Yeti GOBOX Collection

NRA On The Hot Seat - Exposed or Attacked?

One can certainly make the claim that the NY Attorney General is biased against the NRA, especially after she called them a terrorist organization.

However, it’s tough to classify it as a “witch hunt” when the President of the NRA himself is calling for an internal investigation because of his own fears of financial impropriety.

So Wayne continues to make his million dollar plus annual salary after he retires. What in the hell is wrong with the Board to approve such a thing. A bunch of ultra rich shady guys getting into a pissing match with each other, soap opera no doubt.

To answer that, one needs to look at who are the decision makers on the Board, what powers the Board does/doesn't have, who controls the Board Governance Committee, the Board Executive Committee, and the Board Nominating Committee, and who is responsible for putting many of those Board members in their Board positions.

So Wayne continues to make his million dollar plus annual salary after he retires. What in the hell is wrong with the Board to approve such a thing. A bunch of ultra rich shady guys getting into a pissing match with each other, soap opera no doubt.

Yep. 20 years in the military gets you 50% of base pay. And, base pay for a four star is $192,000 so commanding a geographic combatant command (CENTCOM, etc.) or being a service chief is lousy pay compared to running a non-profit. Yes, I know many retired general/flag officers go on to well paid board positions.

This reminds me of a suburb of L.A. that was flagged by a reporter a few years ago because all of the city employees made salaries in the neighborhood of $300-600,000 per year and got a 100% pension. The employees were the only residents of the town which mostly zoned commercial and were living fat off taxing the businesses in the municipality.

All of this is why I withdrew from politics a few years ago. Both sides are corrupt and it's only about perpetuating power. I do think Ron Paul acts out of principle (earlier in the thread) but I disagree with many of his stances.

Like many have already posted, I quit supporting the NRA when all they did was call and ask for money repeatedly as my reward for sending them money in the first place. RMEF sends me mail solicitations and that's fine but NRA would call every month. Due to the nature of my job, I have to answer the phone 24/7 and can't screen for unknown numbers.

Randy, thanks for getting this to us ahead of the Saturday headlines.

Well this has been exciting. I wander off to work for a couple days and things get interesting around here.

NRA turned into such a sh*t show so I quit sending them money several years ago which led to the constant calls over and over and over from the jerk offs in their call center wanting money again. They're the absolute worst nonprofit I've ever experienced in regards to their calling tactics added to the points made in the last 100+ posts. NRA is reaping what they sowed IMO.
Rant over - carry on.

Damn. I thought it was silver. The sentiment is still the same and what it signified!

Lot of stuff on the internet. North is resigning based on retirement compromise.

Did it look like this? Appears to be a hollow point boattail of some sort. Maybe a match bullet. Nickel plated no doubt.
yercg78.jpg

Last edited:
As a LEO I've recently joined the NRA again after several years away. I'm glad they are going through a shakeup, hopefully my side comes out on top. I just wish it wasn't happening so publicly because it's really irritating seeing my antigun family on Facebook. Thankfully you can snooze people you can't unfriend!!

Last edited:
My bullet is different. It looks like an actual cartridge but is all silver color. If I remember right it has Charleton Heston's signature engraved on the shell casing.

This type comment comes up from time to time on various forums about this group or that. The way I see it is I wouldn’t pass on hiring the best dui lawyer around to get my sorry ass out of jail because he won’t be my divorce lawyer now that my wife is tired of my crap. ultimately I hire the best person for the job regardless of whether I agree with them completely or not Largely because I need them to win. For me. Selfish sure. But the other side is to.
Would you hire your wife's divorce lawyer to be your dui lawyer during your divorce?
If I give $100 to the nra and they use it to get Rob Bishop elected. Then I give TRCP $100 to fight against every thing Rob pushes other than gun rights did I gain anything or did I throw away my $200?

My bullet is different. It looks like an actual cartridge but is all silver color. If I remember right it has Charleton Heston's signature engraved on the shell casing.

I looked it up and didn't see anything that looks like what I have. Still a nice keychain tho.

Would you hire your wife's divorce lawyer to be your dui lawyer during your divorce?
If I give $100 to the nra and they use it to get Rob Bishop elected. Then I give TRCP $100 to fight against every thing Rob pushes other than gun rights did I gain anything or did I throw away my $200?

It's tough because gun rights are so intersectional (hunting, self-defense, women's rights). Hard to really link together all the various groups and please them simultaneously.

But there is some validity to the idea that the R in NRA really stands for "Republican".

There is a nice range right near my house. I’ve been tempted to joint it, my biggest hang up has been you have to be a N.R.A. member. I gave up on them 20 years ago as it was a never ending request for donations. seems Like all they were doing was spending on mass mailings.

Wow, was a frikken' mess...sounds like more lawyers getting richer. Hopefully they can turn the ship and correct the corruption.

FWIW, I joined that club last summer and they don't actually require NRA membership, it's just suggested. At the board meeting when they vote on new members, plenty were voted in that weren't members. If I recall correctly, they had some NRA $ help years and years ago when the property was originally purchased. There are plenty of NRA "lifers" out there, but what club doesn't have them? At the time they had like 800 members. When they swore me in, one of the head-honchos said, "when they call for money, I ask the telemarketer if they're a member. If they say 'no,' I just hang up the phone." Seemed like a good approach to me. Holler if/when you wanna run out for a tour!

Just think the millions of dollars the NRA has pissed away and even more importantly after reading these posts they have been losing the confidence of their base for years. Ackerman and McQueen sure made out like bandits over the years and all the stupid surveys and phone calls and overboard Pr just kept running the bills up. What about all the subsidiaries of Ackerman & McQueen or the companies their executives and owners own. Its really deep here.
How about the show UNDER WILD SKYS with Tony Makris, wow think of what that cost the NRA. Oh guess who he worked for A & Mc. Oh guess whos board he was on NRA

We need the NRA. The NRA needs new leadership and someone who is willing to clean the swamp and start a new template with out Ackerman and McQueen. Wayne needs to go also! North needs to go also! Way to many violations of conflicting interests.

I think the NRA made a big mistake. I have already left, but I can see a wholesale desertion.

Support the 2nd amendment and do not support massive payments to the guys in charge!

Some of the really big donors have let it be known in the shooting industry that they are withholding their donations until further notice. To make up the gap, expect your phones to ring and your mail box to be filled with more "member surveys solicitations." When some of those folks pull back, it is hard to imagine the reporting of this fiasco is anything but correct.

If the follow up rumors are true, as it seems the past rumors were true, what has been reported to date is just the tide surge preceding the hurricane. There is blood in the water and sharks on all sides are circling.

Regardless of what one thinks of the NRA, this dereliction of the trust so many gun owners placed in the organization that has resulted in such financial debauchery and malfeasance does not benefit the cause of gun ownership in the US.

You guys have any suggestions for organizations, other than the NRA, to donate to that are fighting for our 2A rights?

I would suggest SAF https://www.saf.org/

Also Most states have a "pro-firearms organization". But be warned, some are worse than what the NRA has become.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back