Yeti GOBOX Collection

NR Poll: 2020 Nevada Tag or Point Application

Nevada NR Tag Apps—Tags, Points, or Fold ‘Em?

• Tags for all species

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • Just points this year

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Tags for some species, points for others

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • Not applying this year, even though I usually do

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Too early to tell, will decide when the application deadline gets closer

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
a more clear pic of him//ya never know if you will get lucky on a tag draw///even .02% of a chance sometimes works
Wow what a beautiful beast. A big congrats to you on such an accomplishment. Yeah for sheep and elk not many have odds over 1% even with max points. If I knew that I could make it out there and had the $$$ for the sheep tag cost I would put in for it and other species. For now, I probably will buy points. I would love to do a bighorn hunt, but I am looking more realistically at hunting pronghorn in every state that I can without having to pay big $$$ for an outfitter.

Yep I went ahead and dove into the game and bought bonus points for 5 species from the two sheep, elk, mule deer and pronghorn (horns longer that ears). I know that the desert and Cali BH sheep and elk are once in a lifetime, and at 37 I don't expect to draw for at least 10 years if not 20 when I would be in my mid to late 50s, but for $10 might as well those on since I spent the $156 for the NR hunting/fishing combo license. I am mostly interested in pronghorn and mule deer in the next 3-6 years. My goal is to hunt pronghorn in every state that a non resident can, especially without hiring an outfitter if possible. Good luck to those that did actually apply for hunts.

Over on eastmans some guys are saying that NV apps are down 40%. That seems pretty far fetched and I don’t have an account over there to ask where they got that number from...

Has anybody here heard the same thing? If it’s true I’m going to kick myself for just grabbing points this year.

Over on eastmans some guys are saying that NV apps are down 40%. That seems pretty far fetched and I don’t have an account over there to ask where they got that number from...

Has anybody here heard the same thing? If it’s true I’m going to kick myself for just grabbing points this year.
Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

The person spreading that rumor might be the same person who did the election polling in 2016. If nothing else, it makes them sound like an expert, the kind of expert who validates the claim that 86% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I called NDOW the morning of the deadline about an application and talked to some folks who are in the division that helps with the draw. They said that as of the night before they were already above the prior year number of applications, and the number of apps coming in that last day were higher than normal.

I suspect those of us who would personally benefit from less competition for Nevada tags are not going to see such.

Last edited:
thanks Big Fin. are they separate points or just the same points you’d use in the primary draw? i know that sounds like a dumb question but i heard some wacky stuff like it has separate points

With all the Covid Madness and the resulting economic downturn/uncertainty, I really thought this would be the year draw odds improved—or at least stayed the same as last year. The increase in applicants in Colorado, and now Nevada have shown the opposite, and I’ve come to firmly believe that there is absolutely nothing that will increase draw odds besides putting and keeping more wild sheep (and any other species) on the mountain.

thanks Big Fin. are they separate points or just the same points you’d use in the primary draw? i know that sounds like a dumb question but i heard some wacky stuff like it has separate points

You only have one set of points. The same points you would burn in the main draw also get reset to zero if you draw that species in the second draw.

The only point I bought was for deer. I burned them on a low point archery hunt last fall. Everything else I'm applying.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YakCountry
Back