Not sure who needs to hear this

Am I the only one still dragging my feet on this?

I'm trying to decide on a general unit that I can get a reduced price cow tag in and then come back to next year with a general tag. Leaning towards Unit 37 because I've hunted cow elk there before and I could come back in 2025 for a third time. I think going into a unit after being there before is a huge advantage and who knows how long it well take to draw a Wyoming general tag by the time I have enough points for one again.

What do you mean you can come back another year on one tag? Never heard of that
A reduced price cow tag doesn't use points.

Am I the only one still dragging my feet on this?

I'm trying to decide on a general unit that I can get a reduced price cow tag in and then come back to next year with a general tag. Leaning towards Unit 37 because I've hunted cow elk there before and I could come back in 2025 for a third time. I think going into a unit after being there before is a huge advantage and who knows how long it well take to draw a Wyoming general tag by the time I have enough points for one again.
If I draw (less than 20% chance w/ 4 points) I plan to archery hunt in Sept, then go back with a rifle if needed in October.

If I pull a MT tag, I'll withdraw my WY app and focus on MT and try with better odds (hopefully) in WY next year.

Okay, its coming down to the last day, still waffling on which unit. Tell me if I should apply in 37 or 21. I don't care if you just flip a coin and tell me a fictional story about why one is the better choice.

Okay, its coming down to the last day, still waffling on which unit. Tell me if I should apply in 37 or 21. I don't care if you just flip a coin and tell me a fictional story about why one is the better choice.
37 has better amenities lol.

BRO I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT.

idk, fly fishing is pretty good in 37, which would make my buddy mad that was the deciding criteria but it may come down to that.
Just saying.

Id argue the scenery is better in 37 - plus 21 is in the death zone of last winter....

Good luck! Was a nice run but WY now joins CA, WA and OR as states I have said adios to over the years. Seems morbid to try and outlive the 95% of the guys ahead of me that will never draw a tag so I can draw a tag then need to drag oxygen tanks up a mountain ridge at 85 years old. My odds to die this year are several times my odds to draw either a moose or sheep tag as a non-resident with 20+ points. I should have bailed when the points jumped in price. Pretty state around Cody and Jackson but see you on the other side after the caldera blows!

Back