Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Not quite

Lawnboy

Well after trying to hold out during bow season for a whopper and actually passing on a real nice bull. I lost the battle of holding out :eek: It was a great season probably my best archery season for having bulls come in close and all. I love hunting with friends and trying to outwit elk. I had my goal set to get a 340 or better bull but shooting this guy made that all go away. Saw some real giants and sent an arrow over a real beauty. I'm destined to be on the raghorn express the rest of my life I guess. Maybe I should of had my good friend hold the bullets.

My son has yet to kill an elk and so I will focus on him and hopefully finding a good muley. Next year can't get here soon enough. Just not much can match chasing bugling bulls with a bow.

With the weather the way it is I'm sure we are going to be seeing some great bulls in the next few weeks. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

2012-10-23 002 001 (640x480).jpg

Was going to wear a visor for TJones;) but settled on this cute ear warmer :D
2012-10-23 001 002 (640x480).jpg

2012-10-23 001 003 (640x480).jpg

Beautiful bull...awesome...and is a cow tag filled as well looking in the background of the bottom pic? Sounds like it finally all came together for you.

Very nice. Congrats! Is that another dead elk in the background of the 3rd pic or just a rock?

Yes had an extra B tag. I got good at guttn. Interestingly she had a bigger amount of intrails than the bull. Not sure if the rut affects size of that stuff or if she was just abnormal?

Congratulation's Bart, you done packing yet? Two elk can be a handful.

Looks like that one wasn't gay...

Super nice bull! Great country.
What a beaut... topped off with prime tasting freezer filling cow!
Grats

Nice bull Bart-i-muss. Hard to pass him up. Only bad thing is you just gave nectar free reign of the kingdom all to him self with over 4 weeks left. Pressures on, abram. 370 or nothin!!!!!

Last edited:
Im in Alaska also will have to get hooked up with him one of these days. Agian awesome bull I will be there in a week tie one to a tree for me!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back