Caribou Gear

Not a giant but.......

michsteelguy

its my 1st Muley.

As a Michigan whitetail hunter, I was invited to go out to Montana for some Western hunting (rifle) in 2012. While it was not defined as a successful hunt, (by the interpreted definition), I feel that I learned alot, saw alot, and truly understood the fact of how much I'am out of shape! Well, this year, I had the opportunity to return (although still outta shape), and jumped at the chance. With deer numbers still down but slowly regaining momentum, I had hopes of taking a nice muley...... not expecting a giant, but just a SOLID deer. Well, last week I WAS able to fill my tag, and once again, I learned more about along the way! Just wanted to share.

Central (plains) Montana muley.....

BTW...... after seeing ALOT of does and smaller bucks (w/ potential), the next few years looks very promising... IMO (for what its worth). If you have never tried western hunting, you have to give it a go...... it will make a lasting memory for sure! View attachment 44693

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1417020185708.jpg
    ResizedImage_1417020185708.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,319
Last edited:
Beautiful deer. Congrats on that one
I may be hunting south west montana next year. It will probably be the last hunt i get with my dad.

That looks a lot better than my first jackalope muley! Great job and even better memories!!!

Thanks for all the compliments! I'm still learning about Western hunting, and harvesting this deer was a great learning experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back