Yeti GOBOX Collection

Norma Bondstrike Ammo

MTHunter1321

Curious if anybody has experience with these? Picked up a box of 180gr Norma Bondstrike ammo for my 300wsm today to try. I know Norma brass is pretty good quality, but have not seen full factory ammo from them until now. From what I quickly researched it’s a bonded bullet.

Thanks.

I just broke in a new barrel with that exact ammo and caliber. Ran right above 3000fps for me. No issues.

Same here. 4 shots into less than 1” at 100y. Ran 2,900 out of a 20” barrel. Have not used them on game yet.

Used Norma whitetail to break in sons 300 xbolt as it was the only option I could find, was impressed with how consistent it shot, and bonus was had good brass to start building loads

That's the only bullets my hunting partner shoots in his win 70 300 wsm. I have seen him drop about 6 animals in the last two years with them. All drt. He hasn't shot an elk with one yet but the deer and antelope have all be complete passthrough. Longest shot was 350 yards.

Tried out the Bondstrikes yesterday. 30/06 180 grain. Thinking I'll be selling all my Nosler Trophy Grade Accubonds. Shoot just as good as the accubonds at about half the price!

very happy to read this. I have shot nothing but 150gr corelokt out of my browning abolt 300wsm for deer but hoping to draw WY elk this fall and wanted a little something more so bought some 180gr. bondstrikes. bought 6 boxes so hopefully there is accurate out of my gun as the rest of yours

Tried out the Bondstrikes this weekend. should I be happy with this? 200 yard 3D elk target. keep in mind I haven't shot this rifle in years, been hunting with a bow and blackpowder. Im not sure if my barrel was too hot or what happened but my 3rd shot on my first group was the flyer to the right. This was off a stable bench with a caldwell lead sled. Im pretty rusty so Im thinking its not the bullets but myself the shooter. any tips, suggestions? Im not looking at competetion accuracy but looking at fine tuning so I can get consistent/confident out to 500 yards for hunting

Attachments

• IMG_4986.jpg
    IMG_4986.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 31
Tried out the Bondstrikes this weekend. should I be happy with this? 200 yard 3D elk target. keep in mind I haven't shot this rifle in years, been hunting with a bow and blackpowder. Im not sure if my barrel was too hot or what happened but my 3rd shot on my first group was the flyer to the right. This was off a stable bench with a caldwell lead sled. Im pretty rusty so Im thinking its not the bullets but myself the shooter. any tips, suggestions? Im not looking at competetion accuracy but looking at fine tuning so I can get consistent/confident out to 500 yards for hunting
Looks like a dead elk to me. But I would expect a tighter group at 200. When was the last time you cleaned the barrel? Could be some fouling that could cause accuracy issues. If possible, I’d try shooting with bags instead of the lead sled. I’ve read and experienced that they may cause accuracy issues. I’ve used one to sight in a rifle and then shot off bags and my groups shrunk using the bags.

Lead sled may break your scope.....

So I think my gun is not liking the Bondstrikes. Was hoping to get some confirmation from others? I got rid of the lead sled and used bags. 100 yards. The below is 12 shots and I think I could live with the upper right 6 shots. The 3 that I have circled was my first 3 shot group. The other 6 not happy with. My last 3 shots were the worse.....

Attachments

• IMG_4994.jpg
    IMG_4994.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 11
Back