Caribou Gear Tarp

.300 wsm ammo shortage

Lakavea

Can anyone help explain to me why there is a continued shortage of .300 wsm, 180 grain factory ammo?

I was able to find 180 rounds of Norma BondStrike back in November. However, even going directly to Norma they are out of stock. Interestingly, 150 grain is somewhat available.

Does anybody with some ammo industry "inside" knowledge know when we could expect to find some available from any of the typical manufacturers?

Thank you

Can anyone help explain to me why there is a continued shortage of .300 wsm, 180 grain factory ammo?

I was able to find 180 rounds of Norma BondStrike back in November. However, even going directly to Norma they are out of stock. Interestingly, 150 grain is somewhat available.

Does anybody with some ammo industry "inside" knowledge know when we could expect to find some available from any of the typical manufacturers?

Thank you
I have some extra laying around I don’t have the means to ever shoot. It came with a bulk ammo purchase I made with a variety of different calibers. I’d be willing to get it to you if interested. It’s only like 40 or so rounds so nothing much

Thank you
Cause it was never a popular cartridge to begin with!
Much like the other WSM, RSAUM, WSSM cartridges.

Yet another reason to get into reloading!

I have some extra laying around I don’t have the means to ever shoot. It came with a bulk ammo purchase I made with a variety of different calibers. I’d be willing to get it to you if interested. It’s only like 40 or so rounds so nothing much
307Fflam thank you for the offer… ironically I did find at Scheels this a.m

zpooch, thank you for reminding about Scheels… I thought I had checked there Friday.

Just to make sure… I visited there web-site after seeing your post…Boom, they had them… I think they may be the only place in the USA to have them in stock

THANK YOU!!!

Cause it was never a popular cartridge to begin with!
Huh?
Pretty popular if you ask me. I’d say it’s the most popular of all the WSM, WSSM, RUM. It’d be interesting to see how sales of it stack up compared to others.

Huh?
Pretty popular if you ask me. I’d say it’s the most popular of all the WSM, WSSM, RUM. It’d be interesting to see how sales of it stack up compared to others.
Compare it to 30-06, 270Win, 308Win, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmore.
Then try saying it's popular.

I would say 300wsm is more popular than half of the currently made cartridges.
In fact you could say it's to popular because the demand for ammo exceeds the supply.

You didn't by chance have any .338 WinMag in that bulk ammo purchase, did you....

They're using all the brass stock to make 6.8 Western. Also, they're intentionally retarding production to limit supply. Federal said so in a stockholders report and referenced Winchester as another doing same. They making more profit for less product.

I'd buy Norma.

Seeing this thread just made me cough up $120 to Scheels. Had two boxes left and my 300wsm shoots these Norma’s extremely well. 100 rounds should last me quite a while as I don’t shoot the gun much outside of checking zero and hunting season.

Back