Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

No atheists in foxholes apparently

VikingsGuy

My oldest daughter is an ICU RN. For the last few weeks as they have been getting ready for the expected surge she had two co-workers (also RNs) who spent endless hours saying how it is all fake news, all blown out of proportion, nothing worse than seasonal flu, no risk to anyone under 80, etc etc etc. They were tough, they had seen it all, the elites weren't going to scare them. They said my daughter was a sucker for believing any of the concern as she worried about the lack of N95 masks and lack of training on proper donning and doffing. Well yesterday they got their first few covid positive patients in the ward and guess who who was with my daughter on that shift - of course those two. And guess what - both refused to enter the rooms of those patients even with protective gear. My daughter willing took care of them herself. Interesting. I am sure the union will protect them, but their licenses should be immediately stripped. Apparently talk is cheap until the tiger is at the door.

I'm married to an RN and have a whole new found respect for RNs, as they are badasses! The hospitals should be giving more PPE. God bless your Daughter, VG!

If your an RN and refuse to do your job cause of "Fear of getting sick" you are useless and should go away and re-evaluate yourself. You want to do that job, you do that freaking job. That makes me sick your daughter had to deal with that, you should send her flowers for being who she is and willing to put herself in a dangerous situation willingly when nobody else was. Props to her

The good news is that last night they switched around schedules and those two were not in the ward, and were replaced by professionals who were there to do their jobs.

For those few who sent me PMs accusing me of making up this story to curry favor/sympathies on Hunttalk, you have showed your true stripes. This is an extremely stressful situation for people I love and I don't care if your political/conspiracy blinders don't allow you to hear the experiences of others. Your selfishness is self evident and feel free to not waste your time PMing such outrageous BS.

Disagreement about numbers, projections, models, government responses are fair game in my book, but even if I disagree with someone on those facts and opinion, I have empathy for their personal situation. If you are furloughed, if your business is at risk, if your retirement funds are falling, if you have loved ones isolated or ill, if you have family working as a first responder or in a hospital, your personal story is your truth and we should all be able to understand and care about those realities.

The good news is that last night they switched around schedules and those two were not in the ward, and were replaced by professionals who were there to do their jobs.

For those few who sent me PMs accusing me of making up this story to curry favor/sympathies on Hunttalk, you have showed your true stripes. This is an extremely stressful situation for people I love and I don't care if your political/conspiracy blinders don't allow you to hear the experiences of others. Your selfishness is self evident and feel free to not waste your time PMing such outrageous BS.

Disagreement about numbers, projections, models, government responses are fair game in my book, but even if I disagree with someone on those facts and opinion, I have empathy for their personal situation. If you are furloughed, if your business is at risk, if your retirement funds are falling, if you have loved ones isolated or ill, if you have family working as a first responder or in a hospital, your personal story is your truth and we should all be able to understand and care about those realities.

Couldn't agree more. Not sure why anyone would accuse you of this. Right wrong or indifferent on the topics we discuss here you've never shown any signs of exaggerating or making up a story to illicit an emotional response. Prayers for your daughter and all first line health professionals.

It's easy for people to talk, it's not as easy for people to do. Fear is a real thing and many don't know what they can/can't do until they have to confront it. Hopefully, those guys learned from this.

I think this goes to show what kind of people they are. I mean "trying to curry favor/sympathies on Hunttalk"?!?!?!?!?! I honestly have a hard time fathoming a need to do that. I don't even know any of you! The fact that their brain works that equation out is quite perplexing to me. Some folks are just honest good folk and don't really go around working the angles for personal benefit at every moment regardless how small the stage. It's a shame that people think that way.

I'm sorry for what your daughter and family is going through. You and I don't agree on how this whole crisis is being handled and we disagree on some numbers. But I know we both love our family deeply. Wishing you and them the best.

Proud of your daughter, all the nurses. I’ve no use for the ass hats calling you a liar. My sweet heart works at a hospital where the numbers doubled last week, people died all shift. Yesterday no one died.
Don’t remember who said it; “ A coward dies a thousand deaths; a hero dies but once”
Seems to fit your daughters situation.

Attachments

• 7A84DA08-2863-481C-9BEF-8A2EE8C63E11.jpeg
    7A84DA08-2863-481C-9BEF-8A2EE8C63E11.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 18

Have heard horror stories from all this from my Mom too - 63 yo RN of 30+ years. It’s not pretty out there in the hospitals. I do not envy the health care workers, and I hope she comes through this without catching it. Both of my parents have factors that could make an infection bad news.

Your daughter’s conduct speaks volumes about her character. So does the conduct of people who resort to lobbing accusations/insults via PM.

Don’t take the PPE and union protection for granted. On one hand, the union will keep the shitbags from getting fired, but I bet the union doesn’t tolerate the types of things going on in non union hospitals with PPE right now. My wife, a non union NICU RN, is prohibited from wearing a mask, even if she supplies her own (which she has, because the decent company that I work for donated them), because they are ‘unnecessary’ and alarm and frighten parents.

My sister in law is temporarily living with my wife and I, waiting for her new house to close and just started a new job in the ICU at one of Arizona’s largest hospitals.
On her first shifts they put her with COVID patients, but are unable to provide the appropriate PPE because they don’t have enough.
We all got symptoms over the weekend and got tested.

To my absolute amazement, they told her that she would have to continue reporting to work until she received a confirmed positive test. Now, that could make a little sense if COVID patients were their only patients but they also take care of non COVID patients.
It’s horrifying to hear how wreckless the hospital is with other patient’s safety.
Sending nurses who were just exposed to COVID, without adequate PPE, in to rooms to care for deathly ill, non covid patients.
To the vast majority of us that are young and healthy coronavirus really is ‘just the flu’ if we get it. To people already in the ICU for terrible illnesses it’s pretty much a sure death sentence.
The hospital administration is going to kill people.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back