NM?

I feel for you NR guys now,I used to be. I drew a MB tag 6 yrs straight as NR.6 as Res.
I still harp on G&F and anyone else about the percentages that go to DIY guys.. Maybe that's why I havn't drawn in last 2 yrs now as res.....lol.
I gave an earful to my reps about the rumored LO tag increase,it got put aside til next week.
I'm in the e-plus system and the very idea sucks.
Another example of legislators bypassing system.The guy that brought this up will get an asschewing til then.....

I'm in. Probabally just storing some money with the NM goverment as usual. Drawn once in 5 yrs but I guess you can not win if you don't play

I know they won't notice and probably don't care, but I am boycotting NM this year. With the terrible draw odds, I see no reason to loan them my money. Good luck to those that do apply. I will probably regret it later for not at least trying, but oh well. Besides, AZ is going to show me some
love for the second year in a row.

Hope it gets better! This guy's going the other direction though.
http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/15 Regular/memorials/house/HM114.pdf

I'll be in for elk, not sure what I'll put in for yet though.

That measure was killed,for obvious reasons.

I agree the NR odds have gone downhill,from the best to average.
And the #s most residents think is still not right.
But I did get in on the years of best odds anywhere as NR. Things change.

I'm a resident now and it's harder to draw a bull tag,go figure. Forget applying for the Gila.
Cow hunts should be open for NR too. Residents don't seem too interested.

I wish the HD units were once every 3 yr application.

I hear guys whine that they didn't draw 16a for a 4th time....some hunts should join Valle Vidal and be once in lifetime.

But I'll stick with NM , I'm tired of the games in other states.

I have a question on the Valles Caldera as I applied last year and was just doing it this year.

With the nonresidnent quotas applied, I'm questioning if there is even a non resident DIY tag available.

For rifle Bull tag numbers are:

15 for early rifle (12.6 Resident, 1.5 Guided, 0.9 Nonresident)
11 for late rifle (9.24 Resident, 1.1 Guided, 0.66 Nonresident)

For muzzleloader its 15 tags again. (12.6 Resident, 1.5 Guided, 0.9 Nonresident)

Anybody have any information on how they round these tags?

http://www.vallescaldera.gov/comevisit/elk/elk_viewall.aspx

Hi

OnX (thanks for your products, btw), in light of the fact time is almost out I would call them ASAP:

1-866-382-5537

NM, Oregon and CA offer pathetic odds for NR. I do like visiting NM but probably have hunted my last hunt there unless NR allocations improve.

To those of you complaining about the terrible NR odds in whatever state you apply, I have a question for you.
Would you like you own home state to give non res the same number of tags as resident hunters? Ruining your hunting in a few years, or simply take them out of the resident pool of tags and give them to non res hunters?
I for one wouldn't want my own state catering to non res hunters at my expense.

To those of you complaining about the terrible NR odds in whatever state you apply, I have a question for you.
Would you like you own home state to give non res the same number of tags as resident hunters? Ruining your hunting in a few years, or simply take them out of the resident pool of tags and give them to non res hunters?

I can appreciate each state wanting their residents to have more tags and I agree with that. However, in the case of NM and even Oregon I can't stand outfitters being gifted a large portion of tags.

If a NR wants to hire a guide, that is fantastic for them. Do the research and go find someone you'd feel comfortable with.

I'm not interested in paying a guide and I don't like that my odds as a NR DIY guy have gone in the tank even worse.

Make the NR pool an even percentage across the board and eliminate the welfare.

strawman-argument.jpg

I am in! hate for my first time i have ever even considered a guided hunt normally id skip it but trying to get my dad a good bull before he is to old to chase in the hills. and NM offers the best chance i agree outfitters should have the same draw odds but again it says something for the state that the are still offering there guides preference over NR.

I have a question on the Valles Caldera as I applied last year and was just doing it this year.

With the nonresidnent quotas applied, I'm questioning if there is even a non resident DIY tag available.

For rifle Bull tag numbers are:

15 for early rifle (12.6 Resident, 1.5 Guided, 0.9 Nonresident)
11 for late rifle (9.24 Resident, 1.1 Guided, 0.66 Nonresident)

For muzzleloader its 15 tags again. (12.6 Resident, 1.5 Guided, 0.9 Nonresident)

Anybody have any information on how they round these tags?

http://www.vallescaldera.gov/comevisit/elk/elk_viewall.aspx

Pretty sure I heard from a guy who did hunt it last yr as NR,but I'd check if you can get thru.

The answer to your question is no, that would be ludicrous.... oh wait we have no limit on NR's here. Seriously, I understand your question and I know I don't think the NR should get as many tags as the R, and doubt many others think that either. But at the same time, it would be nice to get a percentage that is at least equal to most Western states.

NM can do as they see fit with their tags. I can do as I see fit with my money. I have hunted NM numerous times on both draw tags & landowner tags. Until the draw percentages are adjusted to give the DIY NR a better chance than what we have now, I will either hunt in AZ, NV, CO, UT, KS or WY on drawn or OTC tags or if none of those work out, go the landowner tag in NM.

For the residents that oppose 10% - 20% of big game tags being awarded to NR, are your thoughts all the big game tags belong to the residents and NR big game hunters should stay out of your state?

Do you support ending all hunting opportunities for NR throughout the West?

If so, have you ever hunted for big game as a NR?

Do you support paying higher resident fees in order to not have NR hunt? If you take away 20% of the tags being sold at typically 10x more than a resident pays then resident tags would need to rise to be 3x today's cost. Or, you can allow the General Fund to pick up the shortfall which opens the door to mostly non-hunters deciding your funding of F&G.

For the residents that oppose 10% - 20% of big game tags being awarded to NR, are your thoughts all the big game tags belong to the residents and NR big game hunters should stay out of your state?

Do you support ending all hunting opportunities for NR throughout the West?

If so, have you ever hunted for big game as a NR?

Do you support paying higher resident fees in order to not have NR hunt? If you take away 20% of the tags being sold at typically 10x more than a resident pays then resident tags would need to rise to be 3x today's cost. Or, you can allow the General Fund to pick up the shortfall which opens the door to mostly non-hunters deciding your funding of F&G.

Oh snap. Snap indeed.

Just finished applying, now the waiting for the rejection .......... I'll let them use my money for awhile for the dream of beating the odds, but NM hasn't ever worked for me yet.

Applied for Deer and Antelope. Money and politics seem to drive the process anymore. Fish and Game Commission-happy, Guides-happy, Credit card companies happiest, Residents-happier than non-residents. Still a beautiful state to hunt and I have had some great trips there. Budget constraints limit the amount of money I can loan NM so I did not apply for Ibex, Sheep, Elk, etc.

My state gives NR the same odds at our elk tags as a resident.Don't hear me bitchin.Odds in NM aren't worth it to lend them my money as a diy hunter.Maybe I'll buy one of those cheap landowner tags,lol.Doubt I'll ever hunt anything in NM unless I move there which is highly unlikely cause I prefer to get paid more then rice and beans for my time.Good luck to all the diy guys applying.I hope one day they at least even our NR odds with guided guys but not holding my breath on that one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back