Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

NM Elk Lottery-Valle Vidal

And then again he might be around for 10 years. It is a OIL tag, are you thinking he's gonna sit on the other side of the tree from you? John

Apparently the Internet trolls didn't like my introduction, so this is for you. I am a Pisces, like long walks on the beach and scented candles. Is that better? or do I need to post on this forum 2000+times before I am allowed to ask for help on a hunt?

Best response ever!! It is a once-in-a-lifetime tag and the guy is asking for help. He shouldn't have to kiss anyone's backside first!

I know one Hunt Talker who had the tag a while back. When he checks in, hopefully he will add some advice.

Yep. PM me or call me. Too much to type. Be in shape though, your results will depend on your ability to be mobile. Harsh reality is there is elk in many places but you have to walk to get to them. If you have a mountain bike I have the PERFECT place for you.

Last edited:
You usually need to post at least a few hundred times if you're gonna throw out a smart-ass comment like that and insult the same guys you're asking to go out of their way to help a stranger. Good luck.
pretty sure if you drew a once in a lifetime tag regardless if you posted 100 times or your first post you would want someone to help you a little as well, the guy drew a OIL tag he is just asking for a little help damn

Apparently the Internet trolls didn't like my introduction, so this is for you. I am a Pisces, like long walks on the beach and scented candles. Is that better? or do I need to post on this forum 2000+times before I am allowed to ask for help on a hunt?

I see you have been a member since May of last year and maybe you did not feel able to help anyone out yet and just lurked, but let me suggest not calling members of the board trolls when asking for help.

Good luck with the hunt and I hope you fell compelled to apologize for the rude remark and save a little face. :)

I had a cow tag in 1995 and saw a 6x6 bull....on Ted Turner's ranch while driving in to the VV.
I can give you a bunch of places I didn't see elk.

I see you have been a member since May of last year and maybe you did not feel able to help anyone out yet and just lurked, but let me suggest not calling members of the board trolls when asking for help.

Good luck with the hunt and I hope you fell compelled to apologize for the rude remark and save a little face. :)

At least some of us are polite "trolls".

A friend and I had cow tags there in about 2009. Loads of sign, and we both took cows out of a mixed herd on the 3rd day. As with any area, you will see more elk the farther from the road. At that time the non-resident odds for a cow tag were about 70%. I have not bothered to put in for a bull tag due to the odds. Send me a pm if you want more information.

I should have put in and maybe I would be right there with you!!!! hahahah

I just started posting here too but been on LRH for a couple years… We all have to start somewhere… I sent my MY Topo maps to some dude from NM unit 15 3 years ago because I did not need them…. I never heard back from him or got more than a thanks…. I just hope that you help someone and someone helps you. Never hunted the Vidal, but did hunt the Caldera 2 years ago and that is where they give you a unit and you are confined to it.

I think you call the guys that have offered. You go there and check it out. You get a few Topo maps to inspect and plan a hunt. Finally you walk where no one is and keep an eye out…

Good luck. I got skunked in NM but have a 22 north late archery bull tag…. Hope we both tag out!!!

Mario

Na you don't need a gazillion posts to ask for help. Just a good attitude, scouting pictures as well as a solid introduction complete with a detailed story and lots of pics.

Just shows that you might stick around for a while for when someone else needs help.

Na you don't need a gazillion posts to ask for help. Just a good attitude, scouting pictures as well as a solid introduction complete with a detailed story and lots of pics.

Just shows that you might stick around for a while for when someone else needs help.

No you don't needa gazzilion posts but then again you probably should not insult the guys here because they didn't bend over backwards to help fast enough.

This guy basically said you don't know me I've got this great tag I'm special so help me NOW!

Last edited:

I like your style! You and Dinkshooter will probably start sharing a tent soon 😯

Welcome and you have certainly not been any more out of bounds than half the regulars on hear in content and tone.

This is not a Miss Manners forum. Keep it coming.

I don't believe I need to apologize or save face with anyone, you want to give sarcastic comments to a simply post, then expect sarcasm in return. I believe I put in my post I wasn't looking for someone's honey hole, and for those that have offered advice I thank you. As far as returning to the site after my hunt, honestly with the warm cordial welcome I received why would I?

I don't believe I need to apologize or save face with anyone, you want to give sarcastic comments to a simply post, then expect sarcasm in return. I believe I put in my post I wasn't looking for someone's honey hole, and for those that have offered advice I thank you. As far as returning to the site after my hunt, honestly with the warm cordial welcome I received why would I?

Hopefully you'll stick around, I have no doubt that some folks will be willing to help. That said, that help generally comes from continued dialogue and a willingness to help others. I don't think there is any other site out there hunting related where you can learn so much.

Most people do get warm welcomes, they just tend to share something about themselves first before asking for advice.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=262831

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=263017

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=262275

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=261397

Stick around, share some stories, share some pictures, good times to be had.

Great hunt, congrats. I've never drawn but helped a friend out when his daughter drew a bull tag. We had a couple of flats because of the type of gravel used on the road, apparently, so my advice is to bring an extra spare or two.

Last edited:
No you don't needa gazzilion posts but then again you probably should not insult the guys here because they didn't bend over backwards to help fast enough.

This guy basically said you don't know me I've got this great tag I'm special so help me NOW!
Somehow I didn't read that into his first post. Internet perception I guess. Most guys hammering him have never hunted the area anyway. Good luck, Larry. mtmuley

You're right...move on...nothing else to see here...

Last edited:
Hi, I am not a new guy here and I did not draw a special tag. Since Uncle Larry is no longer with us, please tell me where I can kill a 350 bull on my Montana OTC tag. I've got several hunts already planned this fall so it needs to be in a spot where I can kill it and get it out in one day. I don't really like to pack elk very far so I would appreciate it if it was really close to a road.
I too like long walks on the beach, although I don't like it when sand gets between my toes and chafes my skin.

Attachments

• IMG_4975.jpg
    IMG_4975.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 662
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back