Nice Utah bull

Greenhorn, look again at the san juan, and make sure its the any weapon one. The odds with 9 pts are 1 in 4 because when there is more than 1 tag at least 1 will go to highest bonus point holders. It even breaks it down as a 1in 4 odds for 9 pt holders in san juan. You are correct with the units with only one tag its a free for all but i wont apply for those anyway. If i drew a tag like san juan i would kill a nice bull i hope because i would hike hard to find them.

Greenhorn, i just had to chuckle when i thought about it. A top unit for me is pretty much like one of your over the counter MT tags in your honeyhole. I guess now that i think about it you wouldnt waste your time with San juan when you can shoot 340ish+ bulls without drawing a tag in a different state. But me, now san juan would be a once in a lifetime hunt. So i guess a "top unit" means different things to us.
wink.gif

u say that bull cost u 5 bux. thas soo cool i also got a utah bull on october 4 2002. i paid a 5 dollar youth membership fee to pheasants forever and won the hunt with the carl malone youth initiative. unfortunately its not as big as that one but i did take an older 6x6 irregular bull that i am damn proud of. if any one gets the chance to hunt a book cliffs utah bull i would not pass it up. and if ur lookin for a guide KEN LABRUM is the man u want hes awesome.

Welcome, kg - post some pictures of your bull if you can! I hunted Utah once for elk. My brother got a real nice 6x6 bull there, my buddy blew a 50 yard shot on another one (his rifle malfunctioned and wouldn't fire) and missed a 100 yard shot on yet another. I saw elk, but not on the ridges I was on. Then some sheepherder moved his flock into the area and chased all the elk out.
frown.gif
It was a smaller place next to Deseret Land property.

Cali- Whereabouts (if you don't mind sharing)? I'm pretty familiar with that country. Deseret gets some lunkers every year!

calif.hunter
The elk pictures that I posted were all taken in the henefer echo area http://www.ontargetoutfitters.com/d4.htm
and sheephearder in the area was also our hearder
also there are plenty of areas in utah that a nonresident can purchase a tag over the counter and have a great chance of taking a nice bull also I have some do it yourself hunts for 2003 in the henefer echo check out my webpage if you are intrested

ontarget - those are some great looking bulls and bucks. We're already locked in for 2003, but I'll talk to my buddies about 2004. The unguided hunts look pretty good.

Yeah, there are quite a few moose there. I saw a pretty nice bull just off the interstate near there last year.

Back