Caribou Gear

Nice Indiana whitey

IndyBrad

I decided not to get up in my stand till about 9:00am since the moon was full. Got set up and tried some rattling about 10:00 with nothing coming in. It got to be about 11:00 and the sun was hitting this particular part of the woods, about 100 yrds away, that was pretty thick. I decided to put the binos up to see if anything was over there and saw a deer moving. I could see that he had horns and when I could see that he was a decent 10 I got the fever. He was angling towards me, left to right, and as he got about 20 yards away I noticed a branch was in my shooting lane. I was almost neeling down on my climber to get a shot. He was getting ready to step off into a logging trail when he stopped, giving me a perfect broadside shot. He only went maybe 15 yards after I hit him and then started walking slowly. I was like what the heck, I know I hit him. Then he stopped and started looking back over both shoulders. I started thinking maybe I missed. When he started swaying back and forth I knew he would drop. There was a nice hole in his heart made by my Montec.

IMG_4661.jpg

Great looking buck! I hear they're started to move quite a bit in IN. Glad the EHD missed that one!

Thats a nice buck! Congrats.

You have more patience than me, I give up about 10:00 in the mornings. Maybe thats why I can't kill anything.

Thats a great looking buck. Looks like you are tiered or something. Most people would have the Happy look... but the tough, I just killed him with a knife look , works too ;)

Congrats man !!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back