Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Newbie saying Hi

Hello there Heelerdog and welcome to the sight. See you are from Modoc County? Hunted up there a few times as a kid before they changed the zoning in California. Used to see some big ole toads up there. Still a few around?

Hey Dude! Glad to have ya around, Please underline the smart azz comments so we will be able to identify them, as most of the comments posted here could go either way, just like Moosie! John

posted here could go either way, just like Moosie!

Don't mind Draftstud, He's a Full blown HOMO and don't understand those of us that like women also.... ;)

Welcome to the Board, Dare we ask how you heard of us ?

PS, It's a Requirement to post a Hunting story when you sign up.. get busy !!! ... and Welcome to HuntTalk.com.

Alright a story. One of my personal favorites. Couple of years ago I took my oldest boy (at the time 19) coyote hunting. He had never gone specifically for coyotes. He shows up at zero dark thirty smelling like a french hooker. I figure the day is shot from the get go after I explain to him scent control. We get set up I let go of a howl and get a close response from the direction he's facing. Call, call, call me and the boss dog get in an argument, then quiet. Out of my peripheral vision I see him come in 15 yards away. I also see his barrel firmly in his lap. After a few seconds I figure he's asleep, then decide what better way to wake him up than with a gunshot killing the coyote that is so close to him he could flick a booger on it. Just as I'm getting ready to drop the hammer I see his barrel jump. He was awake but never saw the coyote. So being the guy I am I let him have a go. Well four shots later and no hits I find out he's been meaning to ask me to look at his gun, the scope took a dump on him. As soon as I put one of my scopes on it it shot cloverleafs.

As far as toads around here yes there are. Last one I saw I named Grandad. Saw him the week before opener at 200 yards broadside with an honest 29", 4 X 4, good mass rack. Last time I saw him he gave me a beautiful Texas heart shot. Couldn't do it to the old guy. See alot of his sons running around, if they can dodge the lions I'll be after them next time I draw.

You should see the elk we got up here. Freaking awesome!!! The odds of drawing are like 1 in 2000 but I still put in. I want a tag so bad I would consider nailing my sister in law to get one hump . I would have said Godzilla but she makes Godzilla look like a Victoria's Secret model.

Howdy heelerdog welcome to Moosie's! What part of the doc are you from? I hunt Cedarville and Likely (x3b/x3a) when drawn and have spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods....you're spot on about
if they can dodge the lions
up that way....starting to see more cat tracks than deer tracks :(

Welcome heelerdog! You're not a flaming lib are you? If you are, we need some fresh meat in the SI/CE sections. All the other Hunt Talk libs have gone off to lick their wounds and it's been rather dull.

Flaming lib? I wouldn't say I'm flaming. I do believe we should be taxed more and use that money to support some sh#tbird who can't keep her legs closed and is constantly having litters. I also believe we should pull out of Iraq, disband the military so some jackass with a name that sounds like I'm trying to cough up a lung can waltz in and take over. We do not want to offend France or any other country in Europe because they really know how to do things. I'm only hear to spy on you barbarians that own weapons and kill the furry woodland creatures. I need to understand why you meat eaters are so uptight. Now that I've aired all this out I'm going to go back to my wheatgrass and tofu smoothie YUMMY! Peace (I would say God Bless but as I'm sure you know that may offend one of my bretheren)

Holy crap! Have I been accepted in less than 10 posts? Is that some kind of record? I'll be right back I feel the strongest urge to go lick my own back.

OK all done. First I'd like to thank my Dad for giving me my sarcasm. My Mom for giving me a lifetime supply of B.S. early in life so I couldn't take anymore for the rest of my life. And last but not least ME.

Yeah I really am in California. Where any sort of manly behavior is frowned upon by the "enlightened and sensitive" (read candyasses). Short example. Before they banned mountain lion hunting here, I took this gal I was dating to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. The "hemp" using, tree hugging bunny lovers are gathering signatures to put it on the ballot. Here is numbnuts with his dreadlocks and unwashed everything with his poster of a lion cub. Bellowing his bullsquirt about they're almost extinct blah, blah, blah. He asks me if I'll sign his petition and I tell him no, politely and firmly. Dreadlocks starts to come at me till I turn around and close the gap first. He asks "Don't you want to see a mountain lion in the wild?". Says I "No". He gets this big shit eating grin on his piehole and goes in to his diatribe about their beauty and on and on. Then he goes in for the kill and asks "How could you not want to see one of these beautiful creatures in the wild?". Says I "Do you know what it means to see one in the wild Dreadlocks?". Says he smugly "What?". Says I "It means it's too f*$#ing late for you and if you spent more time in the wild and less time behind your posters you'd know that." Well The "enlightened and sensitive" just figures I was an idiot that day. Fast forward 15 or so years and it seems the idiot was right. Gotta love a place where they'll hold a candlelight vigil for a mountain that was killed because it was too close to an ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. I swear if all these jag offs pulled their head out of their asses simultaneously the Earth would implode. So much for SHORT,rant over I need a cigarette.

That story reminds me of a Buddies story in College. They were Nikers and Decided to go to the Green T in Pocatello (Idaho) It's a Cowboy bar. The one guy had long hair and Tucked it in the Cowboy hat. Anyways, If anyone knows the Green-T they know it's a Fighting bar. and Some Redneck A-hole always has to punk someone. So they go to my buddies and call then a Long haired hippy and Say "What the F do you think you are" ?

My Buddy looks down and up and says, "Well, I'm wearing cowboy Boots, Wearing wranglers, HAve on a Cowboy sirt, and I'm wearing a Cowboy hat...... Looks like I'm a...A$$-hole !!!"

HAHA, The fight was but that's some Funny Chit, I don't care who you are :D

Welcome aboard Heelerdog...

Glad to see you here and liked your postings...

Yup... Youll fit right in... :D

Thank you, thank you ELKCHSR glad I could contribute some entertainment. ****NEWS FLASH******** This just in from heelerdogs kitchen!! My wifes friend brought over some moose sausage. Mrs. Heelerdog sampled and loved it. Heelerdog now has the green light to go to Alaska for a moose and caribou (her idea seems the crack I been slipping her is starting to take effect). The best part is it was HER IDEA! BONUS!!!!

Back