Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New Truck Time - Testing and Sorting

Until someone says a 20MM isn't enough, you need the new 20 MM Mag to make sure you have enough gun.

20mm is a odd grenade launcher/rifle. Just step up to the one meant to be mounted on that beast, a 40mm Automatic Grenade Launcher. However, I would suggest using a M240L just incase he needs to dismount, with a few pins pulled he can rock it off his shoulder. You know when he has to use the Lamas stored in the back hatch area.

20mm is a odd grenade launcher/rifle. Just step up to the one meant to be mounted on that beast, a 40mm Automatic Grenade Launcher. However, I would suggest using a M240L just incase he needs to dismount, with a few pins pulled he can rock it off his shoulder. You know when he has to use the Lamas stored in the back hatch area.

Tactical Assault Lamas (TALs) can be equipped with either a grenade launcher or a mini gun. That might just be what Randy needs.

Well, sounds like we nailed down his new truck. Congrats everyone! To stay incognito though, use the Honda at the trail head.

Looks like these can be had for high $40K, between $47-49K for a 2019 with 15,000 to 20,000 miles. Not many private sales out there as there are dealer sales. Dealers always want to add sales tax if not in MT, which is another 6-7%. In MT, they seem to mark them up more (because they can) and the dealer gets the equivalent of the sales tax.

Anyone have first-hand comments (not interested in more YouTube videos) about the stiffness of the ride on these when bouncing up a rock pile, which is often the real life situation for us. Dealer didn't seem too keen on me keeping it for a day or two to do some of my own analysis.
The best part is paying the title and registration on that $66,000 I’m Montana. Ouch!

@Big Fin

You should spend the day in a F150 with the 3.5 eco boost and FX4. I’ve had mine in your neck of the woods south East of Ennis and didn’t find anything that even concerned me. Back here in MI with 8ply BFG All terrain it plows thru snow without hesitation. I have yet to feel uncomfortable driving it off road.

See if you can get it for the day and hook your trailer up to it and find some highway hills. See how it does, the V8 sucks but the 3.5l is supposed to do well.

I will be the most comfortable interior you fill find for 4 big guys.

The only mod I would suggest is the 2” leveling kit and removing the Air dam for better off road clearance.

You will save a considerable amount over the power wagon and have a much nicer ride. 90 % of your driving will appreciate that and it will be more than capable of the 10 hell you want to push it thru.

Also get one with the 8” sync3 navigation. It is absolutely Awsome for trips.
Zero complaints with my 5.0

Just in from driving a Raptor. I didn't expect to be that impressed. Would take some getting used to that extra 5.5" of width, which seems like 15" wider when you are behind the wheel.

If the crew can help pitch in toward their comfort over many days and miles in the back seat, Marcus might be able to convince me that the width issue is worth the trade off for their comfort. For $72,000, there is no amount of compassion that will cause me to care that much about their comfort. ;)

Now if I can find a lightly used one for about $20K less than that, the possibility exists that the crew might be happy. Short of that, they had best go to Yoga lessons and create more flexible bodies needed in a rougher riding rig.

Think of it Randy. You could be the 1st one to NM pinstripe a Raptor.
I do not know how the ones I see around here do not have the sides shaved some.....and they are wide.

Just in from driving a Raptor. I didn't expect to be that impressed. Would take some getting used to that extra 5.5" of width, which seems like 15" wider when you are behind the wheel.

If the crew can help pitch in toward their comfort over many days and miles in the back seat, Marcus might be able to convince me that the width issue is worth the trade off for their comfort. For $72,000, there is no amount of compassion that will cause me to care that much about their comfort. ;)

Now if I can find a lightly used one for about $20K less than that, the possibility exists that the crew might be happy. Short of that, they had best go to Yoga lessons and create more flexible bodies needed in a rougher riding rig.

From all your posts it seems like there's something inside you which would love to splurge on the Raptor...maybe been pining over it for a while? Maybe the Newberg version of "mid-life crisis"? After all a 450hp bad ass truck seems a bit more appropriate than a red Porsche. When you have an option, there is something to be said for making decisions that'll put a smile on your face in your daily life.

ps - I speak from experience as picked up my first horse at 45 and did my first hunt at 48.

Just told the crew how impressed I was with the Raptor. They were pretty excited to hear that. Perked up in their chairs and started talking about who was the co-pilot, what color they wanted, even heard things like moon roofs, woofers, and a bunch of other stupid ideas that would reflect no concern for the guy writing the check.

I then asked for a donation to the Raptor cause, making a pitch that since it is for their comfort/health/benefit a donation would be expected/demanded/helpful. They all looked at me as if I had cut their pay and asked them to work OT for free. Always easy to spend the other guy's money.

Things got pretty quiet, real fast. The meeting ended with some mumbling and grumbling. Them thinking I had left for the day allowed me to hear "WTH?" and other statements of flabbergast coming from the editing office.

Guess I'm now in the market for 1996 Chevy Cheyenne 3/4 Ton single cab with manual tranny, manual locking hubs, a bench seat, roll down windows, and an aftermarket 8-track tape player stacked on top of the CB radio deck. I suspect a season trying to make that rig work for us and they will be a bit more generous to the cause of a comfortable vehicle (that they will destroy within two seasons).

I'm going home to some of Mrs. Fin's caribou spaghetti. Hopefully I will have a more generous attitude, come morning.

From all your posts it seems like there's something inside you which would love to splurge on the Raptor...maybe been pining over it for a while? Maybe the Newberg version of "mid-life crisis"? After all a 450hp bad ass truck seems a bit more appropriate than a red Porsche. When you have an option, there is something to be said for making decisions that'll put a smile on your face in your daily life.

I'm beyond mid-life. And, yeah, I would love to splurge on a truck, a new boat, a sheep hunt, a (insert here). At $72,000 and a no-dicker sticker, "stupid" would be a far better term than "splurge." As Grandma would say, "I might be dumb, but I ain't stupid."

So, I will drive a Trail Boss in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back