New Rifle for Fall

fishing4sanity

Would the liberal media consider me an 'unstable gun-nut' for taking photos of my new rifle using photography backgrounds? In my defense the Mrs. was getting pics of the grandkids with the photography background, I just felt the newest member of the family deserved equal treatment. (Maybe I am a gun-nut?:eek:) Anyway, I was looking for a light gun to hopefully get my first antelope this year, settled on a Savage 11 Lightweight Hunter in .260Rem, only 5.5 lbs. Then I decided on a Leupold VX3 up top. Now, if the antelope gods will just smile on me in the draws and in the field this fall!

Attachments

• Savage1.jpg
    Savage1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 803
  • Savage2.jpg
    Savage2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 808
  • LeupoldVX3.jpg
    LeupoldVX3.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 817
  • LeupoldAnt.jpg
    LeupoldAnt.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 809
  • LeupoldMD.jpg
    LeupoldMD.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 815
At first I didn't like the scope colors, but I think they'd grow on me. Congrats!

Heck, I took pics of one of my rifles this weekend, but I used a different background...my cluttered workbench! ;)

Thanks for the comments. I've had several different rifle brands and haven't found any that I don't like, but I've always been very impressed with my Savages since they went to the Accutrigger.

Nice looking gun. I plan to burn my Cabelas points on a Savage Lightweight Hunter in the 7mm08. I haven't been able to put my hands on one yet but the pictures I see are very nice and I haven't read a bad review yet. Have you had some trigger time and what are your impressions of the rifle overall? Seems like a great price for what you get compared to similar light rifles.

All these guys getting new guns and new toys --- way to go boys!@
Sweet rifle.
BTW - I am looking for someone to take my Christmas pictures next year too :) nice backgrounds!

I am a huge savage arms fan, and the scope is very cool looking, and will perform even better! congrats on a nice setup. I am waiting to get e new setup as I promised the GF I wouldn't make another major purchase until I bought her a ring.

Bambistew, the gun as-is in the pics weighs 6lbs 7oz. I haven't got to shoot it much yet, but the little bit I have, I'm liking it.

putm2sleep, if you're ever driving around in eastern Washington, the wind is blowing like heck, you can't see the road for the dust and you're wondering why anybody lives out there - well then, you're at our place. Just come on in and I'll see if the Mrs. will help you out with that Christmas pic.:D

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurek
Back