NEW SITKA Ambient 75

New Mexico Muleys - Looks pretty tough

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Just got our camp set. Me and Mark, who goes by Still Kickin' here on Hunt Talk, came down today. Crittergetter (Matt) and our buddy Rich got here early this morning.

We are camped in a spot that has little cell coverage, so it looks like I am driving to do my nightly/daily posts

Matt and Rich scouted all day. They saw one forkie. Who said this was such a great unit? :eek:

Hopefully the deer will be more visible in days to come. The weather looks to be great.......for sun tanning. Oh well, nothing you can do about the weather or what the deer are going to do, so we will just carry out the plan we had for this hunt and see if anything happens.

I had done a lot of Google Earth of this area and it looked much more open than it really is. Glad I am not Troy and have to try find the filming lanes in this thick stuff. I am sure he will pull it off.

Heading back down to camp to finish packing my gear for opening day, tomorrow.

Hope one of the four of us have some pictures to post.

No, we will not be wearing the 'fro wigs that Moosie, Bugler, and Browtine had last year. Regardless of how much luck it may bring, I ain't gonna be caught in no 'fro.

Yur new catch phrase for your hunts "Fear the fin":D Good luck and looking forward to another adventure with updates and pictures.

I don't know...I think there is a element of good luck that goes with the fro wigs. If I were you I'd....

good luck Fin! Everyday will get better. Looking forward to watching this one.

Look at the bright side. I'm hunting mule deer in Montana right now. Show me what a 190 buck looks like. I need a reference pic. Need me to fly it? I could be there in 3 hours. lol

I just got back from there. I scouted 3 days, hunted the season and saw not a single muley buck.

Some does and lots of elk, but no bucks. I think they're pretty much nocturnal with the warmer weather this time of year.

I heard not a single shot the entire week.

I talked to several of the gas field guys working out there and only one had seen a buck way up north in the past two weeks.

I think you're going to have to pray real hard for some weather- quick!

I did take some pictures though:

NM10057.jpg

NM10049.jpg

NM10040.jpg

NM10038.jpg

NM10011.jpg

These should give an idea of the country.

I'm sure Randy will post some better landscape shots and hopefully a hero shot!

Good luck guys.

No, we will not be wearing the 'fro wigs that Moosie, Bugler, and Browtine had last year. Regardless of how much luck it may bring, I ain't gonna be caught in no 'fro.

It's not jsut the FRO... IT's the ATTITUDE it brings......

31188_1366046003191_1592898151_892921_6831926_n.jpg

22765_1321020593645_1474719984_30885731_4986710_n.jpg

Good luck FELLAS !!!!

Damn, it as a tough day. Hunted hard and hiked into some really cool areas. Saw all of 9 does and no bucks. Ouch.

If it continues like this, I am running to town, gonna get a couple 'fro wigs, some aviator shades (preferrably chrome), and if need be, pick up some platform shoes, bell bottoms, and maybe even some Dingo boots. Looks like we are going to need some serious mojo going our way, or it will be tag soup.

Waiting for Crittergitter and Rich to get back to camp. They headed way over to the other side of the unit, so they may had to stop and fuel up in order to get back.

Lots of shooting this morning, but saw mostly forkies in trucks/camps, with one small 4 point hanging in one camp we drove by tonight.

As far as any weather, I probably have better odds of winning the lottery without buying a ticket. Forecast is calling for sunscreen and shades.

Very neat country. Just soooooo thick, I am not sure how Troy is going to find a way to film anything. Guess that is his problem, not mine.

I plan to take a few pics tomorrow......hopefully not just landscape pics.

Oh I bet Troy is in a real sweet mood if he doesn't have any openings to film in.:D Give her heck. Don't give up yet, I know how you like to wait till the last minute on these filming hunts.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back