Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Mexico Archery Elk - Not really live

That had to be a rush getting that close..gotta love the twack of the arrow up close. Congrats on a great bull.

that was an awesome read! Cant wait to see it on the tube. Congrats to you Randy. To pull that off, especially with the camera rolling, is a hell of an accomplishment!

Ya know Fin, your a real D$CK making us wait an entire year to watch these awesome hunts!;);) Congrats on another fine hunt. Can't wait to see it "live on video"!!

Great bull and great story! I can't wait to see it and talk to you. More unbelievable is that the bull didn't smell Troy ;):D Just kidding Troy's a great cameraman and hunter as well.

Great story Randy... Congrats again !!

It doesn't get much better than a spot & stalk like that one... that's archery hunting at it's finest !!!

Fired up

Big Fin,
I'm just coming back to hunting after about 3 years off. Your attitude and take on hunting are just what I needed to get back to this in the right frame of mind. (Your Antelope hunt with Bugler even got me fired up enough to give that a shot this year.) Headed out tomorrow with Deer and Elk tags in hand for unit 33 in CO.

Thanks!

Great true tale Randy! You are by far one of the best hunters on the tube, if not the planet.

I can't wait to see Troy and Loren's handy work.

That is the best story I have ever read. Man I could feel every step, shot and reaction to what you thought was a miss. Congrats big time my friend on an awesome trophy. No one in there right mind would have passed that bull up giving the situation.

Drove from ABQ to Bozeman yesterday. Got in very late and just now trying to catch up on the billion things that seem to be waiting for me.

Thought I would post a pic that gives you an idea of what the set up was like.

Me standing where the bull's front legs were. He was headed the opposite direction.
IMG_5629.JPG

You can see my arrow in the ground right by my feet. Still can't shake the images of that bull laying at my feet panting from the heat and the exertions of the rut.

Troy had the tripod right on the edge of those rocks you see at the bottom of the pic. The bull was leaned up as tight as possible against this rock. When he did finally stand up, his antler tops were about a foot or two below our feet.

Some sunrises are just too beautiful not to take a picture.
IMG_5625.JPG

Thanks New Mexico. I hope to be back again.

Wow. I cannot wait to see that footage! That sounds pretty exciting. Congrats!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back