PEAX Equipment

New Mexico Archery Elk - New ground, same game.

Appears as though I should have had Loren stay home. Very quiet this morning. If anyone wants to see an episode of frustration and elk legs walking through thick PJ, this one should satisfy.

Picked up a screw in a tire this morning. The local tire shop likes me. Getting good at changing tires while parked along side these little two tracks. Loren asked why I drive faster on gravel than on pavement. Not sure, but my tires pay the price.

Gonna be tough to salvage this episode. Heard two different bulls this morning. Nothing like the frenzy of yesterday. Hoping hunting pressure didn't push then too far away.

This late in the game is too late to go looking for new elk and trying to figure them out.. Not that I have these figured out, but I have found many things not to do. Guess that is the first step to figuring out what to do.

Loren says we are slooshing Pekin this evening. He says he needs to get home to some real cooking ...... Steak and suds as he calls it. Hope he is correct.

Randy you can do this. Stop worrying about the success and just enjoy the hunt. Let it happen...

"Little minds have little worries, big minds have no time for worries."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

You need Lawnboy with you. He calls them right in for ya. Now if only I could hit one!:(

That thought entered my mind this morning. Need him or Bugler. They both play a mean whistle when it comes to elk.

Going to set up near their bedding area right now. Got most the TV stuff out of the way, with one big exception - a good encounter, preferably two, and one of those being a dead bull.

If not, maybe we will do a Worst Of episode, showing all that has gone wrong over the course of four years. Would rather this episode fall into the Best Of. Any shortfall will not be due to lack of effort.

Wish Dinkshooter was with me today. I know how much he loves rogue ATV riders. They took down the motorized restriction sign, then drive all over the drainage Pekin was in. Amazingly, we found him a couple miles west.

Heard him bugle and went after him from afar. Caught up to him sooner than expected. Thought he was over the ridge, but was just on our side. Walking through some doghair pinon, I stumbled into them. They stood up and walked to the other side of the brush. Pekin stood their panting and glunking. So close, but stil no footage. Loren had never heard an excited elk do the glunking thing, so he was excited.

Eventually they outdistanced us by going up and down the canyons. At dark they were still moving off. Not sure where they will be in the morn. With all the ATV traffic, I fear basin and adjacent ridges are shot for tomorrow.

Hope to have a flash of brilliance tonight that gives me insight to where and how I can kill a bull tomorrow. Pretty sure it will come to me before sunrise.

Pekin has to slip up soon...after all he is Pekin.

I've heard a well placed knife blade in the tire (or 4) of a an ATV that rides on closed roads is a good way to send the message...I've heard!....I've only heard.

I feel you are getting closer to the boilmaker. Good luck today
As for the atvs I know they have rights in some areas , but when they are roaige it's a different story.
Did you get any footage of the azz wipes. Good footage could hammer their azz.

Should film the ATV's, the signs being taken down and them riding where they shouldn't. Then a nice copy of the video sent to the DNR.......

Found a nice five point this morning. He has twelve cows and did not bugle once. Had to drive around a big chunk of private to get to him. Stalked in, got right to where they were bedded. All I found were beds. Not sure where they went, but they won this round.

Been keeping the best plan for last. Tonight I intend to intercept Pekin as he pushes his cows to the meadow. Didn't hunt that area this morning, leaving it for the ATV crowd. Appears most of them are loaded and calling it quits. Just about the time we get serious. Good deal for me.

Loren says we have to do the wrap up interview this afternoon. So, I better decided how this story ends. Dare I be so bold as to forecast a kill as tge end of this show?

Absolutely, be bold tell it how it is. Or hope it is going to turn out the way you plan. "Positive" is the attitude to have, as Herman Edwards says..." You play to win the game." Now let's get it done. Today is the the day....ready...BREAK!

I've got a 55 gallon drum of whoop ass that Pekin if gonna be wearing in about four hours. I can feel it. All signs point to a victory lap for the ol' boy. The planets have aligned and all Fin needs to do play his whistle. I ain't no Charlie Daniels of the elk flute, but can usually play it well enough to inflict some damage.

Gonna be put of coverage for the next few hours, so tune in later and hopefully I will have a pic of Pekin all deck out in his best TV attire.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back