NEW SITKA Ambient 75

New ID NR fee schedule

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
I was initially shocked when I saw the wolf tag fee because I buy at least one each year in the unlikely event one would pass through my mom’s field during my annual summer visit. Since the $31.75 I have been paying was not shown as struck out, I did a little more digging and it appears that $184.25 is what is listed in that existing code section. So, there must be some room for adjusting fees downward in a effort to meet management objectives. Fingers crossed!

LOL Well it appears I can check another state off the list. No way I'm putting in for their big 3 now. Love to have a sheep or goat tag someday but just can't stomach those fees for the slim chance of drawing. On a good note their odds should get even better.

The commission may have leeway to adjust prices below what is in code, but can’t go above it. There are few head scratchers for sure

Bummer. I was thinking of joining a friend in doing some bear/wolf baiting in Idaho again this year after a long hiatus. With the bump in prices, its just not worth it to me anymore.

Bummer. I was thinking of joining a friend in doing some bear/wolf baiting in Idaho again this year after a long hiatus. With the bump in prices, its just not worth it to me anymore.
Is the price increase immediate or in July? You could buy now online.

Someone recently inquired how to increase revenue for wolf gov't activity, I shared how Idaho made $580,000 vs Montana's $240,000 yet Montana charged more $ per wolf tag.
Might as well crumple that paper and toss it in the waste basket.

Was invited to join another for bear. $230 vs $184 is still do-able. About the max I would find acceptable.

The replies in this thread are a PERFECT synopsis of the NR reactions regarding the predator tag increases.

We aren't killing enough bears, cats or wolves as it is in some of the back country units. We should be giving those tags away.

Someone recently inquired how to increase revenue for wolf gov't activity, I shared how Idaho made $580,000 vs Montana's $240,000 yet Montana charged more $ per wolf tag.
Might as well crumple that paper and toss it in the waste basket.
It’s the Game & Fish version of the Laffer Curve. Idaho’s hunting for the downhill part of it, apparently 😀

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back