New communication device from Garmin

Saw this as well this week. Been happy with the zoleo but will be interested what folks think of this once put through the cycles.

I’ll look forward to some reviews. I’m still a fan of the full-size Inreach. Call me old fashion, but I still like the screen and keypad. Don’t get me wrong, I prefer to use the app and my phone for texting and navigating, but I like the ability to use the screen and gps if needed. Even a new iPhone will probably only last 24hr on a full charge. My Inreach will last days. If something were to happen I like the security of a backup and independent system.

The full size Inreach is only 3.5 oz more and 25% more expensive so I still like it at those specs and cost.

I’ll look forward to some reviews. I’m still a fan of the full-size Inreach. Call me old fashion, but I still like the screen and keypad. Don’t get me wrong, I prefer to use the app and my phone for texting and navigating, but I like the ability to use the screen and gps if needed. Even a new iPhone will probably only last 24hr on a full charge. My Inreach will last days. If something were to happen I like the security of a backup and independent system.

The full size Inreach is only 3.5 oz more and 25% more expensive so I still like it at those specs and cost.
If you pair a mini with a fenix watch you technically still have maps if the phone dies. It can pair to the mini and use the maps to get you back to camp/truck/etc. I have the solar garmin fenix 7x so the battery lasts like 2 weeks and the bigger screen makes it easier to use for a map if need be.

Ultimately, if the inreach fails, the watch has its own map it can use to get you back. Big fan of redundancy lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back