Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

InReach Mini 2

MThuntr

Might be worth seeking out if you don't already have the older version. Looks like significantly improved battery life and increased satellite networks. As far as I can see it's only available via Garmin right now but Sportsmans has it listed on their website.

Thanks for the share, something worth checking out. I keep bouncing back and forth between the mini and zoleo. I like that messaging is so much easier than the mini, but one bad fall and you bust your phone and you're screwed. The mini seems like it would have a better chance of making it through a tumble.

Thanks for the share, something worth checking out. I keep bouncing back and forth between the mini and zoleo. I like that messaging is so much easier than the mini, but one bad fall and you bust your phone and you're screwed. The mini seems like it would have a better chance of making it through a tumble.
FWIW I would never rely on a device that relied solely on my cell phone to communicate. Yeah you can do check-ins and hit the emergency button but I want to be able to communicate my situation and not hope someone saw my check-in. Messaging with the mini is a nightmare without a phone but it is possible. The new mini has this trackback system that seems to be a worthy if you get lost. I don't know much about the additional satellite systems but in this case I'm going to assume more is better.

As stated in another thread, I also have the Spot X device and it has failed multiple times and I would never suggest that brand...EVER!

One aspect I like regarding my old Delorme InReach, it's all one unit. Pain to type words though works well enough.

What are the perks of the mini 2 vs original Delorme? Just saw JLS's thread re: Costco priced Mini 2 and if the perks are worth the "upgrade", I may give it a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back