New ATV; What accessories?

Sandhillshunter

So I picked this up last week. It's not new, but it's my first one for hunting.

I am looking to add some accessories. I personally like a cleaner look, so only thinking about a cargo bag and or rifle/bow racks up front. Not really sure I guess, but I do need the rifle/bow rack as my two properties are 4 miles apart. So I do have a little roading to do between properties. I also plan to add some brush guards. Anyone want to share pictures of your setup? I'm basically open to any ideas that will make things easy on me. Did I need this to hunt, nope! But with my health and all, it sure makes getting around the properties a little easier. It will be used for doing the heavy work, not necessarily driving right up to my stands. We had it out this weekend working on stands and it was helpful. Anyways, I would love to see how some of you have your atv's set-up.

Thanks,

Here is what is has,
New tires
winch
top front and rear bar racks
lights

I installed one of those drop down baskets on the rear of mine. I ran a metal support from the receiver hitch up to the bottom of the basket for support. The basket holds chain saws, gas cans, deer/elk quarters, 3 - 5 gal. pails for ice fishing, nearly 100 goose decoy silos, etc.

I added a set of Quad Boss hand mitts and I really like them in the colder weather. I also have a very large waterproof gear bag on the front of the quad that holds a lot of items like rain gear, water purification supplies, a small tarp, game bags, first aid kit and a jump starter. Those items are always in that bag, other items are added as needed for each trip. I have an old day pack on the back that I keep my helmet in that way I never leave home without my helmet. I do live in Ca. so helmets are required and not a bad idea and I have just learned to wear one all the time.

Image of missouri breaks hunt. as F250 stated above the rear basket is a must for me, the brace from hitch to bottom of basket is also a great idea. I threw a whitettail in the basket last fall and I tweaked the rack and basket due to heavy weight on a rough surface. I have gun yokes on front rack that I pushed down on archery hunts. I bungee my soft case bow case to front rack on archery hunts. In this photo the gumbo of the breaks sticking to the basket was not good but it dried out the next day.

I like a cleaner look, as well. Personally, I've never seen a drop down rack that I liked or needed.

I like a gun rack on the front rack for my bow. I carry my guns across my back.

I use a sprayer with a boom on the back of mine a good bit.

I have a 2" receiver hitch on the back of mine for a seed/fertilizer spreader.

Enjoy your 4-wheeler.

Those stock racks don’t carry a lot. Some sort of rack extension would likely be warranted especially if you’ve ever got two guys on the machine. I’ve got scratch built front and rear rack “extensions” on the king quad. Not a clean look, but I’m the guy with the pristine truck and beat atv.

Never been a fan having a rifle or bow on a machine that wasn’t in a hard case. A hard sided case takes up a lot of room, as do a couple chainsaws and gas, double bull blinds, etc. The extra rack space also makes it easier to carry around those just in case tools.

All great ideas, thank you!

I will get the tires slimmed this weekend, as that was on my list of items to do. It actually has a receiver hitch already. I was thinking the same thing on the gun boot, as well. They do look like they take up a lot of room, but the gun would be secure. Lots of people have been recommending some kind of back storage, so might look into it some more. I guess I can always take off after season. Mainly because I too, want to use a boom sprayer over the summer months.

Thanks again,

I too use a boom sprayer. I mount the tank on top of the rack. I secure it with two ratchet straps. I then a hose down to the boom which I bolt to the metal support running from the receiver hitch.

I have a stock Honda and the only thing Ive thought about adding is a winch and hand warmers, Hand warmers be nice for those chilly mornings when the breeze is cooling them off.

Considering I have to road a few miles between properties, I have been looking into the hand warmers/mitts.

Cheeser: I love the picture by the way!

I have hand warmers on my Honda but I put the mitts on the Polaris and I actually prefer the mitts. The mitts keep the mud and snow off of my gloves and I can add handwarmers to the mitts if it is really cold but I rarely do that. The other thing that basically never leaves my quad is my Kolpin gun boot. I don't like mud and water on my guns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back