New Appointment to head BLM?

This is a Republican party like none before.

I agree. That's why I point out it didn't used to be this way. But it has been in my lifetime. Its an ebb and flow with the Rs and the environment. And right now chits flowing in the wrong direction mostly.

Last edited:
We need our own political party we’ll call it the Leopold party.

There does need to be another political party, perhaps 2.

The existing system has brought to much wealth. power and corruption to the existing parties, both of them.

With the two corrupt parties making the rules, how we get new parties is a mystery.

You guys think to big.

First, simply change your voter affiliation to I.
Vote how you want, but especially in my state, Utah, 90k R or D change to I, suddenly voters aren't taken for granted.

Second. I listened to Randy talking about needing one scalp. One Senator seat can change balance of power. One Senator, especially a "transfer" advocate losing a seat, is Huge. 90% of them aren't true believers. They'd spin on a dime on land issues to retain power.

I believe even simpler. Rob Bishop. Had we gotten together and targeted him, his one seat wouldn't if changed chaimanships, but it would have been a major shot. There are others. We need one scalp. Right now all any of them has to say is "gun ban", or "abortion" and they are safe.

The existing system has brought to much wealth. power and corruption to the existing parties, both of them.
Agreed, but this thread is about a particular Republican public lands position and public lands "tsar" appointment, constituting a huge threat to public lands, public wildlife, and the hunting legacy ... not about all the other myriad of political problems.

Analogy: If you were an oilman protective of favorite extraction sites on public land and you were conversing on your favorite forum, DrillTalk, when one party or another began replacing oil rigs with large solar arrays and wind farms and appointing public land development tsars ... then you would likely oppose that party, its leadership, and its puppet candidates on the huge "single-issue" lightning rod. (Even if you could agree on other party platform ideology.)

I believe even simpler. Rob Bishop. Had we gotten together and targeted him, his one seat wouldn't if changed chaimanships, but it would have been a major shot. There are others. We need one scalp. Right now all any of them has to say is "gun ban", or "abortion" and they are safe.
Pretty hard to beat a guy that gets on the MeatEater podcast and is allowed to spew his skewed ideas for over an hour without any form of cohesive rebuttal or resistance. There is zero chance he'll get unseated until he's found his chosen replacement.

I think it would be a lot easier to find other western targets for your scalp.

An if general summary, this thread is heading the same direction as a dozen others over the last few years. Public lands are simply not at the top of many peoples priority lists for voting, so when you have to pick a side you typically go with the most important issue, even if it's counter to your #2 (or #8) issue.

There does need to be another political party, perhaps 2.

With the two corrupt parties making the rules, how we get new parties is a mystery.
Hmmm...I don't know if something like this would work any better. Look at the jack-wagon they just elected as Prime Minister. :confused:

Composition of the House of Commons at the end of the 2015-17 Parliament

PartySeats
Conservative330
Labour229
Scottish National Party54
Liberal Democrat9
Democratic Unionist Party8
Independent4
Sinn Féin4
Plaid Cymru3
Social Democratic & Labour Party3
Ulster Unionist Party2
Green Party1
Speaker1
UK Independence Party1
Total number of seats649

Agreed, but this thread is about a particular Republican public lands position and public lands "tsar" appointment, constituting a huge threat to public lands, public wildlife, and the hunting legacy ... not about all the other myriad of political problems.

More and more... The D and R extremes may actually squeeze something out of this quagmire... We hit on it within another thread
https://time.com/5540480/conservation-caucus-green-new-deal/

Didn’t realize Pendley was also the main attorney arguing against the Badger-Two Medicine protections.

I just sent out an email to both of my senators. Hopefully they take note of the issue. Never had anything good to say about them but if they take action then I might for the first time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back