Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New addition to the wall today

schmalts

Well, better late than never. I had some time last weekend to get the MD from my AZ border muzz hunt finished. I think it turned out well. Also finally hung up the Lope i finished a few months back.
Sadly, the wife got involved in some re-organizing of the wall. so I ended up with 2 LESS mounts than I started with! Yea, 3 WT deer went down to sit on the basement floor. They were my older mounts, and a couple of the biggest but because they were not deer from my own land, and not archery bucks I decided they should go B4 some of the smaller ones:confused: Maybe I might even sell one, i know, i posted this B4 about my Bou mount, and I also have a flying Turkey that may hit the auction block as well thats just sitting in the basement:(.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

[

Last edited:
the wall behind the kid was cluttered according to the wife, so every other deer came down, but I at least put a Lope Euro mount in between so it wasnt a total loss
picture.php

The MD turned out well!! I am really thinking about giving taxidermy a try. 'Twould give me something to do in the winter.

Once the wife starts putting her foot down on mounts, I'm planning on investing in a super duper camera and framing large field pictures. If I ever do Africa, that may be the route I go instead of dipping and shipping...

Is that where you hang the body building posters then?
Dink, my man cave has fairly low ceilings and I have beer signs all over instead of game heads.
Dink... I really think I came out ahead, and I have to let her have her say and agree the deer wall was too cluttered, and now looks like this instead. She did crab about the "airplane buck" lope skull, she thinks it looks wierd but I put my foot down on that one. But this wall is cool because the deer are all archery bucks and that's why i left some of these smaller ones and took bigger ones down
picture.php

She also hated my nontip WT mount, so that is sadly down in the scrapheap in the basement. Sad, my first deer ever sits in this pile, but a 30 year old mount is ugly most of the time no matter who did it. I think about trying one of those new fake skulls that you screw your horns onto on that one.
picture.php

But.. I gave up some deer heads, gained some lope Euro's, and ..... how many of you guys can say you were able to break into KITCHEN TERRITORY!!! I put 08' and 09' muleys from MT in there, i think i came out ahead.
picture.php

Is this the way to treat a bird mount? I had it in an archery shop that moved, and he had no room in the new place so here sits my best archery turkey waiting to get something tossed on it to break it. I guess i need to hang some of this shit up on the basement wall instead.
picture.php

Last edited:
Pat, you thought about putting the lope euros on a canted plaque?

Actually told my wife about them yesterday as we were re-arranging. Anyone got a good picture of one close up so I can use it as a reference to build some? My buddy has the ultimate woodworking shop and could bust some out real fast if I had some pictures.
I saw Greenhorns and liked them, and it came to mind yesterday.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back