Nevada - Three tags, unlimited fun

Well great story so far spitz.... you all shot fine deer! I'm excited for some day when I get to hunt Nevada, but on an early tag :). Congrats too all of you, Big Fin, sounds like its going to be a great series of show's for next year! Congrats again on a great hunt and Deer to go along with it.
Matt

congratulations all the way around , great pics, i like the one with the stars after dark , a successful hunt with a some nice bucks is always a great feeling, looking forward to watching the hunt

Fantastic bucks and even fantasticer photos! Sounds like a great trip.

Wednesday was a busy day! It wasn't too long into the morning that Matthew found a great buck he wanted to take. Scott and I stayed at the bottom of the canyon while Randy, Matthew and Marcus put a stalK on the buck. We watched as the buck changed positions and put about 40 does between himself and the guys. After a real close call the buck dove into a service berry patch that Matthew was able to get set up on while Randy made a whitetail drive through the thicket, giving Matthew a perfect shot that he capitalized on. Will certainly make for great television.

Later that evening Randy found his heavy horned, gnarly buck about 800 feet off the canyon floor. Again, everyone was able to watch from below as he and I put a stalK on the buck. A steep, rocky ridge line made for an interesting stalK, but Randy made a difficult, uphill shot from the seated position look almost easy. He even got nailed by the scope on his brow but those Finlanders have tough hide.

Thursday was pretty slow. Weather was warm and sunny which didn't do much to help the rut activity. We looked over hundreds of does but just couldn't find that next age class of bucks. We did have one that put some excitement in the air until we got a closer look at him. Friday's plan was to look over some. With irony country that we hadn't gotten a good look at during the prime times. It was a transition area that bucks could pop into from deeper cover in the Pinion pines. All we really saw were some coyote hunters that drove right past us and out into the sage a couple hundred yards in front of us, they then proceeding to call from the cab of their truck . . .

Morning turned almost to the afternoon when we put a stalk on a nicely framed 3x3 that just didn't quite make the cut. As we headed out of the canyon I caught a glimpse of a bigger bodied deer in a spot that we had seen 50 times. There was just enough to cause curioisity and so I had to go back for a scone look. TOAD of a buck that was coming in for water at 320 yards at high noon. Things got crazy as Randy realized I was serious about needing to shoot this buck and do it in fast order. He was at 450 yards when the 7mm-08 Howa performed flawlessly. I made it to a ridge to call Scott and we waited there until he made it to use 30 minutes later to walk up the hill to the buck. When we got to him we confirmed that he was everything we thought he was, just a beautiful typical buck made possible by some hard work and a lot of luck. It was a fantastic hunt with great friends.

Should make for a great couple of episodes.

Great looking hunt and bucks, plenty of character on yours BF.

Looks like you guys had a great time and really awesome pics and story. I can't wait for the episodes!!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back