Nevada results

Since I only applied for desert bighorn I wasn't surprised when I didn't draw. Everything else was just a points app.
Congrats to all those who did draw a tag in spite of all the negativity from a few here about the NV system.

Anybody know anything about late season bulls in the Jarbridge?
Either go WAY into the wilderness or stay completely out of it. The first few miles gets a lot of pressure. It's not as bad outside of the boundary.

Prepare for snow Travel wise, if it snows you’ll be glad you were ready. It gets nasty up there when it’s wet.

I don’t know much about the unit myself although my buddy shot a good bull on a day hunt into the wilderness on that same tag, for what it’s worth.

True....but I am still trying to erase that horrible pack out from my memory. I was hoping to get some advice on where I could shoot one from my pickup.

I applied for that hunt as one of my choices. Having retreated to llama assistance, I foolishly considered I would hunt where that bull came from. Very foolishly. I have no doubt you'll get a good one.

Congrats to all that drew either a tag or points. Well it looks like I had a little bit of luck in Nevada for deer. Heading down to 271,272 in late November. Low success rates but hopefully there is a deer somewhere in those hills worth pursuing. I know it will be fun looking that's for sure.

IB

Was extremely lucky that both dad and me drew an early season rifle deer tag and I drew a late season cow. Now here’s to hoping that this virus nonsense gets resolved by the fall

Do you have the 72-74 tag cause i thought there was a wilderness only tag but i cant find it now? I was able to get on bulls three tags/years in a row in 74. For my tag, i wish i had spent the time to take some ponies into the jarbidge (72) but out in the "flats" of 74 there were plenty of animals. At all the trail heads into the wilderness area its a mad house. Trucks, ponies and tents everywhere last time i gave that a try so i bailed but wish i would have given it a go.

Last edited:
My gal got the antlered elk depredation tag in area 251. Like normal i will be "guiding" for her which is just as much fun as hauling the rifle, sometimes. Does anyone have information on that one? since its just around the corner from Vegas i get to do a lot of scouting but it appears nobody harvested last year so it might be a tough one. I assume they are just going back and forth from the mountains to the fields daily but that's a lot of area to search for such a small herd.

Do you have the 72-74 tag cause i thought there was a wilderness only tag but i cant find it now? I was able to get on bulls three tags/years in a row in 74. For my tag, i wish i had spent the time to take some ponies into the jarbidge (72) but out in the "flats" of 74 there were plenty of animals. At all the trail heads into the wilderness area its a mad house. Trucks, ponies and tents everywhere last time i gave that a try so i bailed but wish i would have given it a go.

The wilderness only tags are for antlerless.
You're right about that place being a madhouse.

My gal got the antlered elk depredation tag in area 251. Like normal i will be "guiding" for her which is just as much fun as hauling the rifle, sometimes. Does anyone have information on that one? since its just around the corner from Vegas i get to do a lot of scouting but it appears nobody harvested last year so it might be a tough one. I assume they are just going back and forth from the mountains to the fields daily but that's a lot of area to search for such a small herd.
That's going to be a tough hunt for sure. Perhaps you'll be able to find a trail or a wash the elk are using to go back and forth from the pivot fields and their bedding area.
I've only hunted the southern part of the unit for antelope but up high there was plenty of cover trees.
Good luck to you on the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back