Caribou Gear

Nevada results

Swing and a miss. Unsuccessful across the board for me. Just racked up a few more points.
Antelope 16
Deer 17
Mtn. Goat 6
Desert BHS 15
Rocky BHS 2
California BHS 16

Do you have the 72-74 tag cause i thought there was a wilderness only tag but i cant find it now? I was able to get on bulls three tags/years in a row in 74. For my tag, i wish i had spent the time to take some ponies into the jarbidge (72) but out in the "flats" of 74 there were plenty of animals. At all the trail heads into the wilderness area its a mad house. Trucks, ponies and tents everywhere last time i gave that a try so i bailed but wish i would have given it a go.
Psycho, I know this is an old post but If you're still around, can you give me any pointers on unit 74. I have the Nov-6 late bull tag and have to hunt the lower country due to health issues. I'm trying to fight off a bad cold and will be going out on Nov-12

Psycho, I know this is an old post but If you're still around, can you give me any pointers on unit 74. I have the Nov-6 late bull tag and have to hunt the lower country due to health issues. I'm trying to fight off a bad cold and will be going out on Nov-12
I'm guessing you have the 72-74 tag. I was just out in 73 getting my 83 year old dad on cow elk. We only had two days but i got him six good shooting opportunities, but we just didn't get it done for various reasons. One turned out to be a bull by the time we got over the canyon to it. My pa was just a little to slow jumping out of the jeep or hiking up the hill on some other chances. Got within 80 yards one time but they walked out the back door as it just took too long to get there. I could see the elk around the corner at 600 yards but my pa was about maxed out with that hike so we just didn't get it done. Oh well, that's hunting. The purpose of my story is even though you're in the flats there are some serious hills. How much hiking are you able to do so I know where to point you? Also, if your looking for monsters then you really need to be further up north but if your shooting the first 6 point bull you see then further south is fine. PM me and maybe I will have info to help you.

I'm guessing you have the 72-74 tag. I was just out in 73 getting my 83 year old dad on cow elk. We only had two days but i got him six good shooting opportunities, but we just didn't get it done for various reasons. One turned out to be a bull by the time we got over the canyon to it. My pa was just a little to slow jumping out of the jeep or hiking up the hill on some other chances. Got within 80 yards one time but they walked out the back door as it just took too long to get there. I could see the elk around the corner at 600 yards but my pa was about maxed out with that hike so we just didn't get it done. Oh well, that's hunting. The purpose of my story is even though you're in the flats there are some serious hills. How much hiking are you able to do so I know where to point you? Also, if your looking for monsters then you really need to be further up north but if your shooting the first 6 point bull you see then further south is fine. PM me and maybe I will have info to help you.
PM sent psycho, Ive had 2 back surgery's and surgery on both shoulder's but I still get around some taking 1/2 to 1 mile hikes in fairly rough country if needed, and I have 2 helpers to help pack one out. I have good glass and love to spot and stalk. I know I wont be hunting a 350 plus bull but would sure love to find something respectable. I can go farther north if needed but I also enjoy hunting for that hidden bull away from the big crowd's. God bless you're dad for still having the drive and ambition to keep hunting at 83 year's old, that's great you two are still able to spend that time together. My PM is short but I left my # so you can text or call if you can find the time. Thank you PSYCHO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back