Need three more tunes

Europe

I agree with Hilljackoutlaw, the knowledge of music and musicians here is amazing-----and enjoyed.

My granddaughter is making me a tape at my request with 10 to 12 songs on it. A saying goodbye tape, AND "hopefully"--hello

Live like you were dying MaCraw
Wind beneath my wings Midler
Tears in Heaven Clapton
I'll fly away Emmylou, kris, lyle, Roseanne and choir ( if you ever doubted Emmylous voice, this one might change your mind )
Unchained Melody Righteous Bros
My way Sinatra
American Pie Mclean

I have a few others in mind but thought you fellows might also know of one or two. Also, not Paisley/Krause "Whiskey Lullaby" type of tunes, as that one just doesn't fit my life. I could add several religious tunes and might but for now, except for I'll fly away, I would rather not.

Yesterday, I was talking about one I might consider that was sang by Peter, Paul and Mary AND nobody had heard of them--aaaarrrggghhh. (-:

If everyone is out hunting turkeys I would consider that way more important and in that case please ignore this request AND good luck and I am envious

Every time my grandfather goes out with us I hear this one

Jim Croce Time In A Bottle

April are you talking about that song that says something about "where have all the flowers gone ? " or something like that ? He does play that one as well

Ladies and Gentlemen, Thank you. Very kind and some absolutely excellent choices, thank you.

Harley, you knew your last choice would take me back and it did. Cosby, even Parsons and Clarks very unusual set of drums. I dont think clarke would have even been considered if not for his looks and personality to be honest with you, but he drew the girls in and the girls drew the guys in and it was a magical time that just might never be duplicated again. Of course at the time we never knew many of them would become stars. I also wish I had the body I had at that time, both health wise and looks wise (- : But time waits on no man, or woman. Being at the jumping off place I suggest, each of you "Live like you were dying" while you still can.

Jabber, I am sorry for your loss and thank you

Cheyenne, yes that is it

Alaskahunter. We saw them in Vegas, so that would be another reason to include the Highwaymen, thank you

Hunting Wife, yes on both counts, singer and song. Thank you

Bighornram. Exactly dont blink, Thank you

I can no longer sail alone so another lady will be doing most of the work ---but--

I will be back on the boat soon, sipping on a glass of red wine and listening to the tape my granddaughter made from the song selection of the ladies and gentlemen on this forum, (-: (-: (-: Thank you

For some reason, this song hit me years ago when I first heard it. I almost immediately thought I would want it playing whenever my time had come and anyone who cared came to pay their respects. Like him or not, the words hit me as a hunter and outdoor loving person.

I've always been one to be a bit off color in situations like this and I mean nothing but respect and love for you when I mention this. Hearing your stories and opinions on this forum always makes me think of Toby Kieth, "As good as I once was". I know this is not at all what you asked for but it's done with love and respect.

Depends on what you're looking for . . .

Here are a few good songs that may work.

"I Lived it" Blake Shelton
"In Color" Jamey Johnson

"Believe" Brooks & Dunn
"Red Dirt Road" Brooks & Dunn

I just did a video for my HS graduate (who didn't get a ceremony). I used "Front Porch Looking In" by Lone Star for childhood and shifted to "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney for closing photos.

A few good long term marriage/relationship songs (in addition to Remember When already mentioned.
- Between the Two of Them" Alabama (tribute to parents)
- "Then" Brad Paisley

Christian
"I can only imagine" Mercy Me

You guys picked Some great songs for sure heres a few more
Oh Danny Boy my family is vey Irish and this was one of my fathers favorites
Leonard Cohen hellelujah not a good by song but heart felt
George Jones he stopped loving her today
And one for tough situations that a favorite of mine is Jesus bring the rain by Mercy me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back