Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Nebraska “slam” attempt

The Devil’s Gun strikes! Congratulations! Have fun at the wedding!😂

I think after this fiasco I’m gonna send this Muzzeloader to hell where it belongs. 🤣

Thanks, I’ll start my celebratory drinking tomorrow after I get home and get the meat taken care of tonight. Maybe I’ll be in rare enough form my wife will just leave me home. 🤣

Last edited:
I think after this fiasco I’m gonna send this Muzzeloader to hell where it belongs. 🤣

Thanks, I’ll start my celebratory drinking tomorrow after I get home and get the meat taken care of tonight. Maybe I’ll be in rate enough form my wife will just leave me home. 🤣
Good plan, I’ll look forward to reading your story in the divorce thread.

Since you are discarding the muzzleloader in Iowa, I’ll take it.

I honestly don’t know why I have so much trouble with them. I shoot fine at a target, I dunno what falls apart hunting with them. I think it’s a confidence thing. I’ve got 3-4 rifles and my bow that I 100% trust I’ll make a shot with, I don’t feel bad with this muzzleloader, but I’m just not good with it.

I honestly don’t know why I have so much trouble with them. I shoot fine at a target, I dunno what falls apart hunting with them. I think it’s a confidence thing. I’ve got 3-4 rifles and my bow that I 100% trust I’ll make a shot with, I don’t feel bad with this muzzleloader, but I’m just not good with it.

Same. I think it's the nature of the beast. Muzzleloaders are the devil.

#keepyourpowderdry
#dontfizzleonme
#pieplateat30yardsgoodenough

Somehow I missed this entire thread until today. Sad to see the mustache is gone, but congratulations on filling 2/5ths of the Nebraska slam (side note for @wllm and all others with real math skills, 2/5ths is the Nebraska equivalent of 0.50. Don't @ me bro, I'm just blending in!).

Wait, what’s the 5th? I was hoping there was only 4. 5 Is a dealbreaker. 🤣

After an hour of laying there I grew impatient and decided to crawl sideways to my left to gain a few feet of elevation, hopefully seeing more of him. I crawled about 50 yards close, I could see the back of his head now. 1 more crawl and he spun his head right to me. He wasn’t sure what I was, and he sat up enough I could see his body in the grass so I shot him right there. View attachment 241138
Is that your ramrod or are you just happy to see us??

Personally verified that the stache theory works. You screwed your chance at the slam by shaving, I think I'll keep mine until January 1 when hunting season is over for me. Just don't want to chance it like you did!

Personally verified that the stache theory works. You screwed your chance at the slam by shaving, I think I'll keep mine until January 1 when hunting season is over for me. Just don't want to chance it like you did!
100% sure thing, guaranteed to kill a big bull every time.

Except it can’t be a good mustache. I think that’s key. There was a lot of words to describe mine and 0 were positive, most offensive at best. Not trying to be rude but I’m not sure yours would get a much better rating. 🤣🤣

I think I’d trade the ability to grow a decent mustache for killing big bulls everyday. Even though I probably won’t be killing a bull anywhere close to as big for the foreseeable future. (Most likely never)

100% sure thing, guaranteed to kill a big bull every time.

Except it can’t be a good mustache. I think that’s key. There was a lot of words to describe mine and 0 were positive, most offensive at best. Not trying to be rude but I’m not sure yours would get a much better rating. 🤣🤣

I think I’d trade the ability to grow a decent mustache for killing big bulls everyday. Even though I probably won’t be killing a bull anywhere close to as big for the foreseeable future. (Most likely never)
Mine without a doubt is horrible. Ten times worse than yours. Wife wants it gone asap. Rough nights coming in my future lol

Ya’ll just need to let it go. Just free the stache! Man’s body, man’s choice. If the stache looks horrible, who cares, it’s his choice.

I haven’t shaved since March 2021. Does it look good? Probably not, but I don’t care. Embrace the ugly, be one with the ugly.
Nah, I’ve seen yours. You grow manly facial hair.

I grew a beard one time, an old guy that I know well and is hilarious seen me and said “nice Indian beard”. I chuckled and asked what he meant. He said “it’s an Apache beard, a patchy here, a patchy there”. 🤣

Congrats on the great bull and lope. I may have missed it somewhere but did you have any idea or estimate of the dressed or live weight of that bull? I’m always curious to hear the difference between an elk that lives a little more rough environment vs the non western state elk.
A friend of mine got a PA elk that dressed at 865. Do the Nebraska elk get that heavy?

Congrats on the great bull and lope. I may have missed it somewhere but did you have any idea or estimate of the dressed or live weight of that bull? I’m always curious to hear the difference between an elk that lives a little more rough environment vs the non western state elk.
A friend of mine got a PA elk that dressed at 865. Do the Nebraska elk get that heavy?
He wasn’t near 800#. I heard guys throwing numbers at a bull that was shot last year that were crazy. They were saying 900-1000. They actually weighed him and he was 680. I think mine was a tick heavier than that, I base that off of how we backtrack cattle live weights after processed. Dressed is 63% of live weight, and “packaged meat” Is 65% of dressed. I ended up with a hair over 300# in the freezer so I guessed his live weight at 730-750. I could be completely wrong though. He had as thick of neck as I’ve seen on an elk up there and still had a lot of fat since it was so early in the season.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back