ND Walleyes are Cooperating!!

Buschy

Upper Deck and I have been planning a fishing weekend for a month or so now. The fish have been biting well on the Missouri and we decided to get in on some of the action. He and a friend (Ron) drove up from Kansas Thursday, while I did little pre-fishing that evening.

We met up on Friday morning and fished out of Cattail landing. The weather forecast called for 10 MPH winds out of the NE. Wrong!! The wind was howling out of the NW which made for some BIG swells and tough boat control. The fish were there though and five of us put 22 walleyes in the boat in about five hours of fishing. We certainly could have got our last three, but we all agreed we were tired of getting thrown around the lake and boat by the wind.

We got back to Upper Deck’s farm, had a great fish fry and planned for an early morning on the water. When we got up the wind was blowing even harder out of the NW so we scraped our plans for fishing that morning and worked on putting up a loft in the “hunting lodge” for Upper Deck’s father. We got it done by mid-afternoon and decided to try our luck that evening throwing crankbaits from shore. The fishing was a little slower, but the fish were definitely bigger! We ended the night early with five great fish as Upper Deck and Ron were leaving early the next morning for a long drive back home. I need to thank Grizzley for loaning us his waders, as we were a pair short.

Great friends, food and fishing. It doesn’t get much better! Thanks guys.

Thursday night pre-fishing
IMG_0136.jpg
IMG_0138.jpg

Heading out
IMG_0149.jpg

Rougher than it looks
IMG_0142.jpg
IMG_0143.jpg

It says the fish are here?
IMG_0144.jpg

Friday's catch!
IMG_0147.jpg

Nothin' better than fresh walleye

IMG_0152.jpg
IMG_0151.jpg

Putting up the loft on Saturday

IMG_0153.jpg
IMG_0155.jpg
IMG_0156.jpg

First fish of the night Saturday evening

IMG_0158.jpg

Saturday nights final tally.

IMG_0159.jpg

You guys make me sick........with envy. Cool stuff. When I come through town, you gonna fill my cooler with such delicacies?

Great trip buschy. It was well worth the drive and the flat tire on the way home. Grizzly thanks for the waders and after this weekend I'm starting to wonder if people in ND know what the sun looks like.

Fantastic day on the water - Darn, that fish fry pic has me gettin hungry! Looks like it was TOPS for friends and fishing (excluding the wind /choppy water)...

Busch and Upper Deck...great picts and some nice eyes! UD...Busch wanted me to put some holes in the waders but I just couldn't do that to ya!

Usually it wouldn't matter since I always seem to find a hole to step in and and take a swim. Luckly I stayed up right on Sat night.

...really like the 'hunbting lodge' pics...especially the OSHA approved ladder work. Good pics Bushy.

It looks like the loft project was well supervised :)

Thanks for sharing the fishing pics, looks like good times had by all!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back