Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

ND Family Hunt

upper deck

I haven't been back to hunt deer with my parents for may years. Due to the rut in KS. This year I decided to go back and participate on the hunt with them. My dad had been seeing many good bucks the first week of season with just no luck on putting one down. I was going to hunt Sun- wed morning with them.

We hunted Sun- Tues without seeing any buck they wanted to kill. That all changed Wed morning when I spotted a good buck in one of the tree rows with about 10 does. I grabbed my mom and we got to the east side of the belt, I figured they would be going into a standing sunflower field. After waiting about an hour I thought they might have bedded in the belt for the day.

My Dad went and posted on the west side thinking we would bump them. I just so happened that we had not waited long enough and after a short walk in the belt we spotted them messing around in the field. Mom was able to get the bi-pod down and make a good shot on this deer.

Not as many pics as I would have liked but with going back to get my little nephew it was a little cold for him.

This was a great hunt that I am planning to do many more times. Having the whole family around was a great way to spend a few days.

Unfortunately my dad didn't fill his tag but he was set on shooting one of the monsters he had seen. I'm guessing some of those deer would go well above 160, glad he held his standards up and maybe next year.

Attachments

• Ryder 1.jpg
    Ryder 1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 331
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 332
  • Ryan-ryder.jpg
    Ryan-ryder.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 330
  • Ryan ND deer.jpg
    Ryan ND deer.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 328
Great looking buck. The bigger bucks made it through this year, but I have no doubt you guys will catch up them next season. Great job!

We were lucky on this deer before we got him someone else missed by a couple inches. He had a hole in his ear and you can see where it nicked his horn.

Attachments

• ear hole.jpg
    ear hole.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 321
I have seen people use little kids to make their critters look bigger but that one takes the cake!!;)

Nice buck.

I was able to zap a few yotes as well on the trip. This was a nice big one with good fur.

Attachments

• ND Coyote.jpg
    ND Coyote.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 211
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back