Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

ND Deer Results Out

Did I draw?

MNHunter:

I must be a knothead. I apply in all states and I thought I had a clue about this stuff, but I cannot tell from this website, whether or not I drew. I have copied it below. It says I have Zero preference points going into next year, that my license type is muzzleloader (which I applied for), but it says the status is refunded.

Refunded, but no bonus points accrued?

See below>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Lottery Results/Preference Point Search Results::

NEWBERG RANDALL D WILL HAVE 0 PREFERENCE POINT(S) FOR THE 2008 REGULAR DEER LOTTERY AND 0 PREFERENCE POINT(S) FOR THE 2008 MUZZLELOADER DEER LOTTERY

NEWBERG RANDALL D: BOZEMAN MT

2007 DEER License Information

Type Code: MUZZLELOADER - NONRES

>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What is your interpretation of this?

Thanks,

Randy

Big buck tag for me.

Big Fin, there should be another column to the right of what you pasted that should say either "sucessful" or "unsucessful" and the type of tag you applied for.

MNHunter,

No rifle or muzzleloader buck tags this year. I didn't really expect one though.

I will spending lots of time in the Badlands bowhunting for antelope/mulies and scouting for my father. He is a MN resident who drew the Mule Deer Foundation, statewide mule deer tag during the spring raffle. I am looking forward to a great hunt with him and he will have the opportunity at a great buck. Good luck to those who drew!

Buschy

BigFin, I interpret it as that you got drawn for both......if you received zero preference points for 2008, that is the only thing it could mean....otherwise you would have received at least 1 point for each app......but I could on an off chance be wrong ?!?!?:eek: :D

Big Fin, I suspect you drew but I will admit the ND site is the hardest to navigate and decipher what they are telling you. I got an email this morning in plain english that I did not draw. Hopefully the email you get will be a little easier to decipher. On a side note, my buddy now has 7 points in ND.

Guys:

I called Bismark today and it was quite an experience.

One person was really courteous and told me she couldn't decipher what my results said. Not assuring, but at least polite.

The other lady told me I would have to wait and see what I had for preference points when they updated the database next year. And, she said she was too busy to look into it.

So, a half hour of frustration later, I still don't know if I drew. I guess I will wait to see if I get my money back. Glad I kept my receipt for this application, as the minimum I would expect is to be credited with a bonus point for next year.

Good luck to those of you who know that you drew!

I don't think you drew as the status is "refunded". As the one (rude) lady said the bonus point may not show until next year's draw.

By the way, you been fishing the big pond lately? I've only been out a couple of times and only caught dinks so far this year. Hope you've had more time and better results!

Smalls:

I fished ten days in a row in the middle of June. Nothing but skeevers - the biggest was 18", but most around 12"-13". That is the longest drought I have ever had without a 28"+. Going to Nelson for the rest of my fishing this summer. Was there in early June and it was really good, but the skeeters were the worst I have ever found.

Not sure what is going to happen with the pond north of here, but I think the glory days of spiney big-eyed fish in that pond are behind us.

Hope you are getting to harass a few fish this summer.

Happy 4th!

Smalls is right....I didn't catch the "refunded" part in your first post......the refunded, is a pretty good indication you got turned down for this year.

But here's to hoping it's wrong....;)

Smalls:

I fished ten days in a row in the middle of June. Nothing but skeevers - the biggest was 18", but most around 12"-13". That is the longest drought I have ever had without a 28"+. Going to Nelson for the rest of my fishing this summer. Was there in early June and it was really good, but the skeeters were the worst I have ever found.

Not sure what is going to happen with the pond north of here, but I think the glory days of spiney big-eyed fish in that pond are behind us.

Hope you are getting to harass a few fish this summer.

Happy 4th!

Instead of Nelson, think of a bigger lake about 60 miles further east for the spiney big-eyed fish. Nelson is fishing okay for those eating size but right now the bite is on for fish over 6 lbs and we are seeing ALOT in the 9-11 lb range.

Nemont

Well, today I got the unsuccessful email notice. Still cannot figure out why I have no points going into next year. I will save the email, in case they fail to credit me a point for next year.

NeMont:

If you guys would close the oven door, I might come up there fishing. Right now, it is way too hot for my thick Scandanavian blood. I would like to land a few big ones after fighting off all those minnows I have been catching.

Man Smalls, that reminds me of about 8-10 years ago when I was a finisher for Northern Improvment....we were hand pouring 1st Street in Mandan, and I can still remember that 3 days in a row, that a bank sign read 105, 106 and 104.......and we're talking being downtown, no wind or trees and working with concrete.....it was three of the most miserable days i can remember.

And then our Supervisor had the balls to drive down in his air conditioned pickup, step out for about 5 minutes, and made the comment "Holy $#!+, I don't see how anybody can work in this heat...." and then proceeded to get back in his air condtioned pickup, and head back to his air conditioned office.......if I could have found something manageable to throw at his melon, I probably would have done it...........

I also remember being in Glascow, MT for horse races in the early 80's and a bank sign there showed 113......

I don't care, once you hit 95, it just doesn't seem to matter anymore...hot is hot, LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back