Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

ND Antelope..GAME ON!

Beartooth,

Unfortunately it is for residents only but maybe you are an ND resident now? I have 6 pts so hopefully I have a decent chance. Good Luck if you put in! It would be fun having the chance to hunt them again here in ND

Yes, I'm a ND resident, although I prefer to claim my former Montana residency! I'll be putting my name in the hat for sure. I see that you can elect to not use your points in this year's drawing. However, I don't know why you wouldn't. There are a lot of lopes down there that have not been hunted for years and have had time to grow up. Good luck to you.

Good to see a G&F Dept. have the guts to actually use some biology to regulate tags - and even better to see the ND politics give the G&F the slack to operate. My hat is off to them.

I only have one point so not looking good for me anyway. Will for sure put in for it tho. I work down there every now and then and there are some big boys down that way.

Good luck Bear, Yote, Bone and Cowboy. Here's one more resident throwing his hat in the ring. We've got a decent herd building in Slope Co. Hope to see a fair winter to get numbers close to management objectives to open a limited season in the next couple of years. Been seeing quite a few fawns, even some twins still alive. Crazy number of coyotes have to be hurting population though.

Good luck No Dakers,
Scott

very good to see this. I would love to be bowhunting them this year. I would say most if not all of the goats alive have not been hunted.

Although I have a slim chance of drawing a tag, it looks like ND Game & fish is doing it too use again. According to their Web sift the drawing will not be held until late August (bow season starts Aug, 29th), so us bowhunters will only have a few days to plan, get time off from work and get land owners permission to hunt. Why does ND G&F drag thier feet when it comes big game drawings?

The boys and I threw our name in the hat...add three more to the tally.

The drawing has always been in August as long as I can remember. It has something to do with some of the antelope migrating south in the winter and it takes them a while to come back north in the summer. The ND G&F doesn't have good population numbers until aerial surverys are done in July, so that's the rest of the story.

Last edited:
Haven't hunted ND for many years. NON-resident could buy a bow tag over the counter. I am assuming these days are long gone? Hope you guys draw a tag.

good luck to all
the dog

Now that we have to draw for a bow tag I wish they would give us a few weeks to get arrangements made or maybe open the season a week or two latter.

I was in Hettinger Co. over Memorial Day visiting family. There seemed to be alot of does/kids where I was at. My cousin said numbers are way down.

Same here brother. Me and three of my good buddies all had 5 points and not one of us drew... At least they only waited until 9 DAYS BEFORE THE SEASON TO HAVE THE DRAWING!!!!!!! Unbelievable.

Looks like I won't have to worry about finding a place to hunt ND antelope this year.

I have to think that there will be big changes coming to NDGF in coming years for no other reason than how they've handled the lotteries. I'm not going to armchair qb the biology (especially with the changing ecological tide we've experienced in the last 5-7 years), but their management of tag allocations has been nothing short of horrid.

I have to think that there will be big changes coming to NDGF in coming years for no other reason than how they've handled the lotteries. I'm not going to armchair qb the biology (especially with the changing ecological tide we've experienced in the last 5-7 years), but their management of tag allocations has been nothing short of horrid.

+5000

You would think there would be changes but there won't be. It's beyond embarrassing.

I wonder how many gratis tags where given out?

Acording to the email sent to unsuccessful applicants (such as myself), "A total of 250 licenses were available in unit 4A, the extreme southwestern corner of the state. Nearly 6,000 applications, including 74 gratis, were received."

I expect all of the 74 gratis applicants were granted licenses (that's how it usually works here); if so, then you'd of had about a 3% chance of drawing one of the 176 remaining pronghorn tags. A person had about the same odds of pulling a ND elk or moose tag this year...that's what I call pent up demand!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back