PEAX Equipment

NASCAR Fantasy League, any interest?

Then you, sir, are an idiot. Horrible statements like that are uncalled for.
No, I mean, it’s like Darwin Awards on national television. It’s fun to watch when it goes awry but otherwise it’s just like George Carlin said...what can I say, I’m an entropy fan!

But seriously, what is the appeal?

Last edited:
I’m going to answer the original question as if you weren’t trying to be a jackass. NASCAR isn’t any different than any other sports in that you have to invest the time to understand what’s going on, otherwise it does just look like cars going in a circle. There is no sport that requires more skill and strategy to be successful. The ability to drive a car 180-200 mph within inches of each other while sitting in 125+ degree temps for 3-4 hours definitely requires elite athletes. Not to mention pit crews that can change 4 tires and fuel a car in 15 seconds. In any given race a driver has 2.5% chance of winning vs 50/50 in most sports. I would also encourage anyone interested to attend a live event as it is completely different, true of most sports.

I don’t think this view is different than a lot of people have about things that don’t interest them. For example, I used to work with a guy that asked who in their right mind spends thousands of dollars to get out of a warm bed while it’s still dark, go out in the cold and most of the time bring nothing home but the experience? Same guy did spend thousands of dollars for his kids to play traveling sports, so it’s all in what you like.

I’m going to answer the original question as if you weren’t trying to be a jackass. NASCAR isn’t any different than any other sports in that you have to invest the time to understand what’s going on, otherwise it does just look like cars going in a circle. There is no sport that requires more skill and strategy to be successful. The ability to drive a car 180-200 mph within inches of each other while sitting in 125+ degree temps for 3-4 hours definitely requires elite athletes. Not to mention pit crews that can change 4 tires and fuel a car in 15 seconds. In any given race a driver has 2.5% chance of winning vs 50/50 in most sports. I would also encourage anyone interested to attend a live event as it is completely different, true of most sports.

I don’t think this view is different than a lot of people have about things that don’t interest them. For example, I used to work with a guy that asked who in their right mind spends thousands of dollars to get out of a warm bed while it’s still dark, go out in the cold and most of the time bring nothing home but the experience? Same guy did spend thousands of dollars for his kids to play traveling sports, so it’s all in what you like.
Thanks, that’s helpful to better understand things.
What are your (or others’) favorite NASCAR moments? Like great comebacks or finishes?

Thanks, that’s helpful to better understand things.
What are your (or others’) favorite NASCAR moments? Like great comebacks or finishes?
Dale Sr. finally wins the Daytona 500 in 1998 after 20 years of trying. That was one of the coolest sports moments I can remember with how excited all the drivers and pit crews were for the moment lined up to congratulate him. It was awesome even if you weren't a #3 fan.

Dale Sr. finally wins the Daytona 500 in 1998 after 20 years of trying. That was one of the coolest sports moments I can remember with how excited all the drivers and pit crews were for the moment lined up to congratulate him. It was awesome even if you weren't a #3 fan.
Yep, that was cool!

My wife always HATED NASCAR. A few years ago we went on a NASCAR cruise to the Bahamas. She went for the cruise part and make me happy with the NASCAR part. Once she saw my face when I met Richard Petty (she didn't even know who he was) and listened to the interviews and stories onboard she started to realize what things were. She decided that she wanted to go to a race. We ended up going to the fall night race at Bristol. DREAM RACE for me! We sat down in front next to the track. During the warmup pace laps the cars would crack the throttle and it was pretty loud. When the green flag dropped I had already watched the first 2 laps or so and looked over at her. Her eyes were wide open and her hand was over her open mouth. Anyone looking could see the "OH MY GOD" on her face! We went back the next year as well as the Roval in Charlotte the next month. Toured a race shop and went to the NASCAR Hall of Fame. She watches every race now.

Go to a race in person. Don't know if it will change your mind but you'll see what we enjoy about it!

Good call Dave, the tracks I’ve been to are all unique but I haven’t seen anything better than Bristol under the lights. I was a Terry Labonte fan as a kid (probably those awesome Kellogg’s paint schemes) and I remember screaming at the tv as Dale Sr turned him out of turn 4 and pushed him across the finish line sideways to win!

Also a fan of Kevin Harvicks win a couple weeks after Dale Sr passed and Dale Jr winning Daytona later that year

My favorite NASCAR memory isn't a race. My mom went to the poconos with a few friends for a little mini vacation. They went and did a tour of the pocono racetrack. My mom got ahold of me so excited and giddy. She went on for almost an hour about all of the cool stuff she saw and learned on top of what I had explained to her over the years about strategys and pit crews and fuel mileage etc. She is now a convert after years of making fun of me. She watched the whole pocono weekend and gets on messenger with me all excited and talking to me about what she saw and learned and the history of the track and is really getting into it. Those are the only races she watches, but it's still fun to see her excitement. Mom, dad, me, and my sister are taking a little vacation next year together and guess where we're going......lol

My favorite NASCAR memory isn't a race. My mom went to the poconos with a few friends for a little mini vacation. They went and did a tour of the pocono racetrack. My mom got ahold of me so excited and giddy. She went on for almost an hour about all of the cool stuff she saw and learned on top of what I had explained to her over the years about strategys and pit crews and fuel mileage etc. She is now a convert after years of making fun of me. She watched the whole pocono weekend and gets on messenger with me all excited and talking to me about what she saw and learned and the history of the track and is really getting into it. Those are the only races she watches, but it's still fun to see her excitement. Mom, dad, me, and my sister are taking a little vacation next year together and guess where we're going......lol
Funny how seeing a track like that can hook people. My dad will watch a race occasionally, but will always flip it on if they are at Texas because he got to do the Richard petty racing school there!

We actually thought about doing the double-header there this year, then the Covid hit and screwed that up.

Bye, Kyle!
e522681

Damn! Why do I keep getting burned by Kenseth? Had a pretty good game going.

I'm shit this week. Damn kyle...just reinforced my dislijw of him....lol
At least things are close. This week sure mixed things up for us. After 7 races we're only 37 points apart from top to bottom! Can't get too much closer. Double-header next weekend. Might be tough. 60th anniversary party for my folks Saturday (immediate family only), then hopping on a plane for Alaska Sunday.

Been gone and busy and forgot to check the race scores from Sunday. DAMN! Guess I really got lucky! I play the same picks on the DGG league and, um, I came in 1st out of 1611 players! Ya' know what this means. Big loser next time. :rolleyes:

Yep, a score that high means a long way to fall!! Lol that’s a hell of a weekend tho! A lot to watch this weekend too

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back