PEAX Equipment

2021 NASCAR Fantasy league. Wanna join?

Dave N

The new season has opened for team sign-ups. We had fun last year and several others have expressed interest in joining this year. It's strictly "just for fun" with no money charged or awarded. Trash-talking is highly encouraged, however! ;)

Past players can simply go to the site and "check in" to their existing account. For any new players, or those who may have had trouble finding their way, go to this link

In the search box enter 1796. That is the team number. The team name is Hunt Talk Racing. Once there, the password is SHOTGUN. Once you're in you can set up your account and password for the site. After that's done you can start playing! I can USUALLY answer any questions you may have.

Thanks in advance to anyone joining! Hopefully we can get a good group signed up and enjoy some friendly competition while watching this year's races. New tracks and new drivers will make it interesting.

Let the games begin!

So far 3 of the 4 past players have checked in with the 4th saying he wants redemption. We also have 1 new entry! Let's get a few more! It's only 2 weeks until Daytona! It seems like we have some new rules so watch what you do for picks. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Things are different than last year. No more bench drivers unless it's one of the qualifier races, then we can pick 8 drivers instead of 4 and get extra points for qualifying just like how last year started out.

I still think it's funny Kyle Busch has been dropped down to the B team of drivers! 😁

I just joined. First time playing fantasy NASCAR. We only pick 4 each week it looks like right? Good luck, but you may enjoy my taillights all season!

I just joined. First time playing fantasy NASCAR. We only pick 4 each week it looks like right? Good luck, but you may enjoy my taillights all season!
BANG! And the trash talking has officially begun!

There are 7 races that will have qualifying this year. Those races we will pick 8 drivers and narrow them down to 4 before the race starts. Any qualifying points earned by any of these 8 will added to your score. I'll try to post anything relevant before the race starts. As always, you can pick drivers ahead of time in case you have any plans for being away due to hunting trips or such. Total driver usage still comes into play.

Well, we would have 6 players right now IF a certain past participant would actually check in to the team! 🙄 That would mean the "top 5" rankings would come into play. Doesn't mean diddly, just throwing it out there!

11 more days until the first race. Still lots of time for more players to join us. The more the merrier they say. It will just give me more people to beat! 😎

Alright now I'm serious!! 🤨haha
Does that mean you'll write down your password so you can pick all of the races this year?
e522674

Here's a quick copy of some changes for this year. This came from the website under the DGG preview link.

The boss decided to do something about the changes to race weekends and no qualifying. First, he nixed the Bench drivers as it’s pointless to pick a Bench driver with the lock at race time. So, the entry form will have only 4 slots to fill. That way you won’t have to worry about setting any of your lineups until right before the race if that’s what you want to do. Otherwise just put your starters in early in the week and you won’t have to worry about forgetting to set your lineup later and if you still want to change your lineup on race day you can do that too.
The other change is to do with the 8 races with qualifying scheduled:
  1. Race #1 Daytona 500
  2. Race # 7 Food City Dirt Race (Bristol Dirt Track)
  3. Race #14 Circuit of the Americas
  4. Race #15 Coca-Cola 600
  5. Race #17 Nashville
  6. Race #20 Road America
  7. Race #24 Indy Road Course
  8. Race #36 at Phoenix

The 7 races (not Daytona 500) with qualifying will have:
  • 8AM ET lock on the day of qualifying.
  • Entry form will let you select 8 drivers
    • (2 A, 4 B, 2 C)
  • All 8 drivers will earn qualifying, lap, stage and race points.
  • Driver starts are bumped from 8 to 9.
  • These are the default settings for all leagues and can still be changed by the league commissioner.

I like the part about all 8 drivers earning points! It sucked before when your bench drivers earned more than your starters.

Looks like I got his attention! C'mon, John! I know you watch the races. Why not join us for some fun? You would make lucky number 7! And yes, I'm looking forward to Bowyer in the booth!

There was one more new guy that wanted to join who hasn't done it yet. PM was sent. Still over a week before Daytona and the races begin. Sure will be nice to see considering I'm in the middle of a blizzard right now. Kennel building has 2 radiant tube heaters. One is down from a small fire in the control box that melted the wires and the new unit is 3 weeks out. The other one konks out in high winds from the west so now we have just a small electric baseboard heater in the office going with fans pushing air around. We drop below zero at night for a solid week starting Saturday! Water lines better hold out until the wind dies down.

Good Lord, I feel like I'm in Wyoming! This wind won't let up! Managed to get the one "working" heater going for a while but it's not going to be fun until the wind dies. Building was down to 48 degrees.

Yep. we need some good trash talk! It's a bit awkward for me since I'm the Commissioner for the team and have played for several years now. Drivers, races, CHEBBIES!!!, etc. are fair game but scoring I don't want to seem like bragging if I'm doing well. Of course, that can all change if I'm losing! 😉

OK, I looked through the other thread and I have it narrowed down to 1 of 2 names who were interested but haven't signed up.

@Archbull or @PrairieHunter

One of you two joined already but with a different name so I don't know who is who! If the remaining name is still interested in playing jump on in!

Good afternoon, I just came across this posting. Any of you interested in letting a Canadian Outcast into the fold, eh? At least at the end of the day you can pick on the token Cdn member who will most likely be in last place, but still content while wearing my ice skates and drinking a hot cup of maple syrup.:p

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back