Mystery Ranch Rumor...

Here's the next question. Can we get it in Optifade? Seacat, what say you?

I beleive Sitka has an exclusive license with GORE for optifade. I've been wondering when that license expires/is up for renewal. I think it started in 2008 so if it's based on a 3 year or 5 year it could be up soon, and maybe available available to others, but if I was Sitka I'd protect the hell out of that.

Actually, if I was Sitka I'd admit my packs suck, and contract with MR to make my pack and let them be able to use the Optifade license.

Seems like a 3600cui pack would be on the small side for a 10day sheep hunt, but I guess it would depend on your gear. I don't think I can get under 4000cui for 7 days.

Maybe, maybe not. I can haul meat between the pack and frame. I used my longbow for 3 day hunts last fall. The only other gear I would need for the sheep hunt is extra food. I had the longbow just about maxed out. A little more room inside should free up strap space on the outside.

Is it big enough for 10 days of backpack sheep hunting?

I would need about a 8000 cu pack just for my food for 10 days:eek: Pretty sure you would be running way lean trying to make 3600 cu work for 10 days and then you factor in any meat to haul out and you'd be screwed.
The 6500 is a great sheep hunting pack both for hauling gear and meat.

This "Rumor" is most definitely TRUE. Although Kurt's names are definitely not being considered!

Due largely in part to an amazing Sunday BBQ at my house with a cooler full of IPA's, I divulged some intel with Kurt about the project... I'll share with you what I shared with him...

The pack is still in the prototype stage, but we're getting really close to a final version. As of right now, we have a very simple bag that's 3600 cubic inches and weighs less than 2 pounds. It's perfect for the extended trip guys that want a really light bag capable of handling just about anything.

The bag is 1200 cubic inches bigger than the Longbow and LIGHTER. We've been working on the bag for the last couple months and it'll be a great addition to the hunting line. Initial tests have gone very well and it's exactly what you'd expect from MR in terms of bomber quality and smart design. We've listened to our customers and built a pack in a size/weight range that we were missing. It doesn't replace the Crew Cab, Longbow, or Dragonslayer... it's just different.

Our main objective with this bag was to fill the void between the Crew Cab/Longbow and the 6500 bag. There's lots of hunters who can do long extended trips w/ a 3600 cubic inch system... if that sounds like YOU... this could be your pack.

It compresses down to nothing, carries heavy loads with ease, and has ridiculous compression.

I'm extremely happy with this bag, and I'm positive MR users will be as well.

I have to say you guys are the best customers we have and I love your enthusiasm. Thanks for the continued support!

Mark

Sounds like a Trance XXX that will fit on a NICE Frame..??

I'm thinking about a trance pretty hard... are you saying I should wait...

I just bought a Longbow about a month or so ago and couldnt be happier. This bag is truly awesome. Thanks Greenhorn for the advice. My only regret I have about this pack is I didn't get the waist belt pockets when I bought the frame. I really wish I had those pockets.

I'd like to request a pack in hot pink. Camo means dick, other than marketing to the fashion-concious hunters.

I'd like to get a pack or some decent clothing in the MorningWood camo pattern. Very cool.

I beleive Sitka has an exclusive license with GORE for optifade. I've been wondering when that license expires/is up for renewal. I think it started in 2008 so if it's based on a 3 year or 5 year it could be up soon, and maybe available available to others, but if I was Sitka I'd protect the hell out of that.

Actually, if I was Sitka I'd admit my packs suck, and contract with MR to make my pack and let them be able to use the Optifade license.

Optifade isn't exclusive to Sitka any more. Cabela's is even starting to use Optifade in their house brand stuff. (Just one example)

Following this thread closely as I am in the market for a new pack and am looking at a longhorn and a nice frame. However, I really want to see what is going on with this new pack! hope we find out soon.

I dont buy new chit very often... at all... but you guys have my interest peaked. I LOVE the crew cab and cant imagine better, especially since I've gotten used to using it for everything... but it will be cool to see! Thanks for the update.

Well, I might be changing my tune.

A package came in the mail today, found some MR stuff used on the board, and figured I better try it out. NICE frame, crew cab, and 6500.

Attachments

• P1050376.JPG
    P1050376.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 2,239
I would need about a 8000 cu pack just for my food for 10 days:eek: Pretty sure you would be running way lean trying to make 3600 cu work for 10 days and then you factor in any meat to haul out and you'd be screwed.
The 6500 is a great sheep hunting pack both for hauling gear and meat.

8000 cu damn that's a lot of smokies:D

How much longer do I have to pilfer change out of others peoples couch and car seat cushions to get the $ ready?

Just stopped at Mystery Ranch, due to being in the area for a family vacation. Nobody here needs to be convinced, but man do they have service and an excellent product. I would have walked out with a new 6500 if there was room in the truck. Definitely ordering one soon and selling my current pack.

I'm no expert but have used a few packs and these put them to shame.

Now off for some "quiet solitude " in Yellowstone.:rolleyes:

I'm heading out tomorrow with a "hearse" full of toys, fishing gear and optics - 5 of the next 6 days in goat country.

Look at me, look at me I'm so kewl I live in Bozeman and we get first sneak peak at the new products.................:D

I'm heading out tomorrow with a "hearse" full of toys, fishing gear and optics - 5 of the next 6 days in goat country.

Have fun Billy Banging! I got to spend the last 2 weekends out and have to stay out this one. Was grossly hot though, nearly 70 degrees @ 10,000ft @ 10am in the morning.

Picture of my legs for Ben Lamb.

P1020691.jpg

Have fun Billy Banging! I got to spend the last 2 weekends out and have to stay out this one. Was grossly hot though, nearly 70 degrees @ 10,000ft @ 10am in the morning.

Picture of my legs for Ben Lamb.

P1020691.jpg
Hahahaha.....look at your non-matching elk antlers!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back