Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Mystery Ranch Rumor...

I stopped in today and talked with Kenzie, the Sales Mgr. He says the only pack in the works is basically a longbow that will have attachments for large sniper rifles. He brought it out and it is really heavy. I was in there for over an hour looking at all the packs and I think that the Crew Cab with the lid and some cells is still the cats meow.

He had a smile on his face when I said......"Greenhorn from OYOA said....".

He says Kurt needs to lay off the booze when eves-dropping on MR employees conversations :D.

He says Greenhorn and Seacat are the main reasons behind the success of MR in the hunting world. What I still can't get over is the fact that hunting is only about 3% of what they do in total sales. Military contracts are still the vast majority of what they do. They sell about 8000 nice frames a year and less than 400 go to hunters. Those guys have one heck of a business plan and it sounds like they are going to really do some damage on the international marketplace in the near future.

That echos what I have heard in that when many have asked or wanted lighter packs that Dana doesn't see so much of a need because their core business is military and making bombproof gear for our boys in far away lands.

I'll take it though, I can drop 3lbs off my guy if I am that concerned. Hoping to get my pack bloody this fall.

I want a Longbow, just as simple, light, but slightly larger in bag capacity.

Most guys wanting superlight, could shave weight elsewhere, such as in thier ass or gut.

I've been hunting with a NICE 6500 because I stripped off my longbow for a packing expedition, and I'm too lazy to swap it back on. :D

These Mystery Ranch packs are great. I put off ordering one for years due to the price and have tried packs from several other companies, but was never happy. I finally picked up the Longbow this year and I love it. It seems to be the perfect pack for what I plan to do, but when I need something bigger I'm planning on picking up the 6500. If they had a larger Longbow style pack I would probably look at getting that over the 6500 though. Actually, searching for Mystery Ranch pack reviews is what lead me to this site originally, and the fact that I really like the show of course. The MR picture thread is awesome. I still go back and check it out every once in awhile. Maybe you guys should start a new one with pictures from last year.

This "Rumor" is most definitely TRUE. Although Kurt's names are definitely not being considered!

Due largely in part to an amazing Sunday BBQ at my house with a cooler full of IPA's, I divulged some intel with Kurt about the project... I'll share with you what I shared with him...

The pack is still in the prototype stage, but we're getting really close to a final version. As of right now, we have a very simple bag that's 3600 cubic inches and weighs less than 2 pounds. It's perfect for the extended trip guys that want a really light bag capable of handling just about anything.

The bag is 1200 cubic inches bigger than the Longbow and LIGHTER. We've been working on the bag for the last couple months and it'll be a great addition to the hunting line. Initial tests have gone very well and it's exactly what you'd expect from MR in terms of bomber quality and smart design. We've listened to our customers and built a pack in a size/weight range that we were missing. It doesn't replace the Crew Cab, Longbow, or Dragonslayer... it's just different.

Our main objective with this bag was to fill the void between the Crew Cab/Longbow and the 6500 bag. There's lots of hunters who can do long extended trips w/ a 3600 cubic inch system... if that sounds like YOU... this could be your pack.

It compresses down to nothing, carries heavy loads with ease, and has ridiculous compression.

I'm extremely happy with this bag, and I'm positive MR users will be as well.

I have to say you guys are the best customers we have and I love your enthusiasm. Thanks for the continued support!

Mark

how can we get one for this fall season? I am getting ready to pull this trigger on a new pack, and this sounds exactly like what i am looking for.

right now, we have a very simple bag that's 3600 cubic inches and weighs less than 2 pounds.

There's lots of hunters who can do long extended trips w/ a 3600 cubic inch system... if that sounds like YOU... this could be your pack.

It compresses down to nothing, carries heavy loads with ease, and has ridiculous compression.

Finally.

I am extremely excited about this, in a very awkward way.

Here's the hacked up Gregory that I've been carrying into the backcountry for the past 6 or 7 years. I cut the entire suspension system out, just to get it under 2 pounds. I've never hauled meat with it, but I've had it loaded with 40-50 pounds for a couple 14 day trips on the Appalachian Trail. I basically use my sleeping pad as a frame, and it's really not uncomfortable at all.

Thanks to Ray Jardine for introducing me to the freedom of ultra light backpacking.

I'm really stoked about Mystery Ranch tapping into this market.

Attachments

• P1050374.JPG
    P1050374.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,396
  • P1050375.JPG
    P1050375.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,361
Chit. I might want one. I need a bigger bag than my longbow for my upcoming sheep hunt.

Less than 2 pound bag... you still have to throw it on a NICE Frame that weighs 4 1/4 pounds... so you're basically looking at a 6 pound setup that'll carry anything you want.

If you're a Longbow fan (Like Me)... you're going to love this bag. I'll keep everyone posted about the order process.

Less than 2 pound bag... you still have to throw it on a NICE Frame that weighs 4 1/4 pounds... so you're basically looking at a 6 pound setup that'll carry anything you want.

My bad, for not understanding that a 2lb bag actually weighs 6lbs? If you want to use it.

Thanks anyway.

Im not gonna lie, that pillow case with shoulder straps looks painful, you are way tougher than I.

I'd love to be the first to haul out a Dall sheep in one :D Hook me up brother Seacat. Heck I'd love to haul the groceries to the car with one.

Sounds like it'll fill the perfect niche. I'll be picking one up for sure.

If you're a Longbow fan (Like Me)... you're going to love this bag. I'll keep everyone posted about the order process.

Please keep us posted. I was ready to order a 6500 for my frame but I'll drag my feet to see how this bag looks.

Is it big enough for 10 days of backpack sheep hunting?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back