My sons Idaho archery elk

Nice work boys! A lesson for us all......you were alert on the way in to camp. Had you been in hike mode only (versus being stealthy/aware/hiking) the opportunity would have been wasted.

Thanks everyone. His enjoyment and success is how I measure my own anymore so I'm still smiling.

Kansasdad hit it on the head, I'd be lying if I didn't say I stopped not a moment to soon to look ahead and caught a lucky break. I know elk can be there from the sign but typically we are just trying to be quiet and make time to camp.

One more thing that I love about this. I had been researching about what is adequate for archery elk (bow draw poundage, arrow and broadhead weight), before I leave Wednesday for my first elk hunt. I've always been a whitetail bowhunter.
This young archer proved that it's all about shot placement!

"Diamond Razor Edge 48-50lbs, maybe 24" draw" with 100gr broadheads!
Love it!

Love to see so many people taking the kids out, good job Dad! What a proud moment for both of you, and I bet his buddies at school are jealous! Good job young man!!

Outstanding!!!
Proud proud moments for both of you.
What awesome memories...

One more thing that I love about this. I had been researching about what is adequate for archery elk (bow draw poundage, arrow and broadhead weight), before I leave Wednesday for my first elk hunt. I've always been a whitetail bowhunter.
This young archer proved that it's all about shot placement!

"Diamond Razor Edge 48-50lbs, maybe 24" draw" with 100gr broadheads!
Love it!

That's why I put that in there. Plus the boots/clothing/optics. The magazines and advertisements nowadays make a guy feel inadequate if he is not donned in a $500 matching camo suit, hauling the pack of the month, slinging arrows/bullets warp speed at limited draw "trophies" all while glassing with lunar telescopes.

Sure that stuff is nice, I've got more of it than I need (not yet a limited tag) but it doesn't make the hunter nor is it necessary to notch a tag.

Have a great trip genesis and enjoy the sights and sounds.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back