Yeti GOBOX Collection

My raghorn

Gorgeous bull. Those guys must be great friends or they're really hungry. I am guessing they will stop holding up those signs in the Walmart parking lot.

Ernie, nope, don't got one. All that came out on the initial trip was loin meat and the antlers. I had a long haul off trail to get that awkward stuff out and wanted to make it to the FS trail before dark. I left my rifle, tripod, camp and all that gear, both hinds, the cape and both fronts. One buddy retrieved my camp, after heading in and hunting out of it one day. Two others came along, each carried a hind quarter out, I carried both fronts, my rifle, and the cape out. I'd be bummin right now if it wasn't for my friends. Here's a photo of the head on the way out.

Last edited:
I almost feel bad for the fricken elk when you are in the woods...

So what did, approximately, Fidel's bull score? and you are saying this guy will net out near 360?

Not sure on Kevin's bull - we never taped the antlers, would guess around 330 (gross). Mine is roughly 373/364. Big antlers aside, it was the best week of rifle elk hunting I've ever experienced. Sometimes the stars align. Kevin's was the biggest bull I'd seen all year in western MT, until I saw the one I got. I did see 2 while bowhunting in eastern MT that were as good, maybe better than the one I got.

elkcarcass5.jpg

You realize what Eastman's would give for a picture like that????

Wow! That bull is a beaut! Congrats GH! Looks like some nasty terrain / good friends to see 'em smiling for pics, haha! - Very nice!

Edit - ditto JC's post - that would be an awesome cover pic

You have more than earned that kind of trophy Kurt. Not only via karma but also via a lot more leg work than a normal/sane person puts in. Kudos on another animal of a lifetime.

Just a superb bull all the way around. He doesn't look that big at first glance until you realize how thick it is all the way around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back