Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

My name is Zack and I'm an Elkaholic

Speeddmn

So hi!!

I'm Zack and an Air Force vet of 15 years. Been all over the world, to include those "beach's" with out any water and that Asian peninsula with a northern dictator. I've missed my fair share of hunting seasons due to military commitment. Sucks! but it is what I signed up for and said I would do.

So who am I? I'm a father of two wonderful boys! Yippie!! Oldest will be 7 next month, youngest just turned 3. I was born in Ohio, lived a bit in Florida and Nevada, but what I call home is North East Montana! I would like to say it is God's country, but come winter even he wouldn't want to be outside in -70 degrees!

My wife who I love more than most things has always supported my love of the outdoors, I've slowly gotten her from the manicure/pedicures all the time into camo wearing gun toting outdoor woman she is!!

I'm currently attending a 6week class in Colorado but can't wait to get back to Utah where I'm stationed and sink a 165 grain Hornady SST into the boiler room of an elk this year. All on public land!

Growing up in Opheim, MT I've had and still have access to well over 200k acres of public and private land, I've seen and shot plenty of Whitetails and Muleys. Only seem to really connect on Whitetails, so hopefully I got the pennies saved so I can make another trip "home" and find a muley wall hanger this year, all before I depart for another over seas remote tour in Asia...

So thats me, in a brief summary, love the show and website! If anyone is in the Layton/Ogden area of Utah and wants to hunt, let me know. I am taking leave (military equivalent of vacation time) for 90% of this years general elk season.

that's awesome Zack. thank you for your service. I love the elk hunting but a wall hanger muley is really where it s at! good luck

Thanks for your service, Zack. You will find a lot of good guys at this corner of the cyber hunting world. Welcome.

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with the general season in Utah. I read that the Beaver West and Oak Creek South Elk units are going from draw to general this year. I know if i was a resident i would be doing some serious scouting to see if it was a viable hunt option during the season to give you a better chance at a nice bull then what the normal general areas offer hunters who don't pull a LE tag.

Welcome to the group Zack. I too will be heading back for the fourth time to the land of eternal beaches.....no ocean in less than two months (for 9 months). We will be doing EOD SF support and I will be doing a constant battlefield rotation. So chances are I will at some point be going to wherever you are staying. I'll be bringing my bow on this deployment and hope to get plenty of shooting time (the whole country is a shooting range). Drop me a PM with your e-mail and I'll drop in and say hello.

Are you at Peterson AFB, here in the Springs right now? I'm down at Carson.

Ray

Welcome! I too, am a new member. I also thank you for your service. I am also a vet of RVN. I hope your season (s) are all successful.

Welcome to the group Zack. I too will be heading back for the fourth time to the land of eternal beaches.....no ocean in less than two months (for 9 months). We will be doing EOD SF support and I will be doing a constant battlefield rotation. So chances are I will at some point be going to wherever you are staying. I'll be bringing my bow on this deployment and hope to get plenty of shooting time (the whole country is a shooting range). Drop me a PM with your e-mail and I'll drop in and say hello.

Are you at Peterson AFB, here in the Springs right now? I'm down at Carson.

Ray

Ray, yes I'm TDY here for 6 weeks. Didnt bring my bow or anything since I'm staying on base. I do plan to get some fishing in and hope to get some dirt and rocks under the tires of my jeep.

Zack - Thanks so much for your service. WE appreciate all you do. You will be rewarded with multiple good hunts and animals in the years to come. Preston

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jd Gardner
Back