PEAX Equipment

My mate just shot a HUGE stag!

devon deer

This is Colin, he came with me when I hunted in Montana in 2012, this is the accompanying message he sent me:
'Old boy going back. Really long in the face and 6 one side 5 the other and missing one tine. He was so bloody heavy dressed out took 3 of us with a pulley to lift him in the chiller. Neck was on the floor. Only just got him in. Never ever seen so much fat over 2” of it on the breast plate.'
118428457_1579278448899470_3107757637537597900_n.jpg
Its a beast alright, with guts out, bottom legs and head off over 300lb!
Cheers
Richard

That stag is a beauty. Did he shoot it in Devon County? Interesting webbing on his top tines. Congratulations to your buddy.

Can't see the entrance wound, but he shot him in the right spot; within reach of the tractor! Beauty.
Shot in the engine room, but not in front of a tractor, as we painfully know, they never do, it died in a ditch and had to be manhandled up and out. :LOL:

Very nice! Grats to your buddy. as mentioned, enjoyable reading hunt (and fish) adventures from the other side of the pond.

You have some cool animals over there!! What does he taste like?
What no jokes?! :LOL:
TBH the rut is starting soon, so I wouldn't eat it, too strong for my liking, but the sausages were great (come on John there must be a joke in there!), sweet chilli chicken flavouring.
It tastes nothing like Elk, but I suppose Mule deer come close.
Cheers
Richard

Back